1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[14-15 Reg. Season]What are your favorite games(win) and moments?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity3, Apr 16, 2015.

1. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Now that the regular season is over...;)

Here is mine, when I realize Harden is becoming a really special player.

[youtube]ogpxRL5icCk[/youtube]

Josh Smith's debut in a comeback win against the Grizzles is also a close one.

[youtube]KRvnTBp8V30[/youtube]

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe my biggest laugh of the season was a McHale lockerroom interview after Harden's first 50 game.

McHale, "It's really hard to get 50 points." then without missing a beat, Brewer leans in to say, "51 is harder."

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Cavs game in HOU was hella fun

4. HookemHorns1250

That Memphis game was a fun one, seeing all that Smith could bring to the table if playing under control.

Someone already has mentioned the Cleveland/Rockets game, so I'll go with Capela's four dunks against Toronto.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Nick Johnson hero ball

Harden step back vs Phoenix

2nd Cavs game

Ariza defense on CP3

6. MystikArkitect

Ricky Rubio being turned into a pretzel.

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Has to be the Sacramento game for me. Harden really showed the world he is the MVP.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

November 28th at home against the Mavs. At that time, the consensus everywhere was the Mavs were clearly a better team.

Rockets were dead down the stretch. Their offense was cooked. Mavs opened up a lead. Bill Worrell basically pronounced the game over with a little over a minute left.

Then a couple of things happened and the Rockets got the ball down 2. Harden was in the open court and Chandler Parsons made the mistake of even trying to stop him. Harden bulled right through him and hit the shot plus the foul.

That was the moment I began to realize Harden was not the same player I had been watching the prior 5 seasons. It just hit me right there.

Still have the DVR of the last 5 minutes of the game and have no plans to erase it anytime soon.

2 people like this.
  9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Damn I was about to write this. That moment where he got the And-1 and the subsequent defense. Revving up the crowd. Chills.

I was too young to watch Hakeem, so I really hope James can quiet critics and step it up. We are extremely blessed to have 13 wear Red.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

My Top 3

1. Home against Cleveland. LeBron-Harden duel was easily the most fun moment of the year

2. Harden dropping 40/9/8 with a 20 point 4th quarter @ Phoenix. Probably the best Harden game of the year IMO

3. Josh Smith first game @ Memphis. Great comeback win and Smoove had a great debut

11. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

This was it for me.. That game had everything... Bron and Bev fightong on the ground.. Harden taking over down the strecth

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

harden's 50 point games. i haven't seen a rocket score 50 in 20 years or so!

second was last night clinching the division championship for the first time in 21 years!

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Best part of that play was that Harden basically walked over Parsons, as if to say "I'm the real superstar" haha

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It was like Marshawn Lynch "Beast Mode". Barely slowed Harden down and he ended up delivering the blow to the defender!

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

the way harden played against lebron and westbrook/durant made me believe he would be ready for playoff intensity games...

damn...i'm so excited and nervous!!! AHHHHH!!

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Good call..... that 3rd Quarter was BEASTLY!!!

Also, the game nationally televised.... on ABC.

Houston repped well that day.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Hardens 2nd 50 game was pretty fun

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Harden's 51 against SAC.

Harden's game winner at PHX.

Spurs blowout early in the season.

The last Dallas game we played where we came back, didn't expect that.

& the murder of ricky rubio.

19. Mr Chuck Norris

That kings game earlier was my favorite game by harden this year. I remember being extremely frustrated the way we were playing. Then down 3 with a few seconds left, harden launched a deep three and drained it. To send it to OT. Then he completely dominated in OT he took it to another level.

I liked harden making butler fall twice on back to back played with his step back

Game winner at Phoenix/40 point game..(my lord thet were at their mercy)

Josh smiths dunk on robin Lopez

Hardens pull up 3 over Westbrook 2 weeks ago

I know it wasn't a rockets moment but that curry to harden alley oop in the all start was one of the sickest dunks harden had. I know his athleticism is underrated but I had no clue he could jump that high.

20. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xQ4hq_TuPhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>