1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

13 NBA teams now share Fort Wayne

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

The league really needs to expand its use of the d-league. As I've said before, it is a perfect place for development of all the young kids getting drafted who aren't ready. Raise the age to actually play in the NBA to 21. But allow teams to draft 18+. They're welcome to gamble on those kids but they have to develop in the d-league until they're 21. Teams can sign them to full sized contracts if they're willing to gamble that much. But again you have to develop them down there. Better for the quality of the league as a whole.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's funny because Portland pulled out of a D-League team because they thought it wasn't worth it. They beat us, so maybe that counts for something?

1 person likes this.
  3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah no.
    You raise the age to 21 and most kids are just going to leave and go to a Euroleague team where they can make more money than $30k playing for a D-League team.
    I feel like the NBA should help subsidize the growth of the D-League and help pair each NBA team with an NBA D-League team but that would require the creation of 12 D-League teams. That's a lot of money.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice find, Carl. As an aside, can you believe there's a D-League team called the Mad Ants? I can imagine the opponent's call during the game, "Somebody get the RAID!!"