1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

100 Funniest Movies of All-Time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Clutch, Jun 15, 2000.

1. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Dreamshake,

Didn't that movie come out in the 1970's?

I don't remember much of a plot. Wasn't it just a bunch of bits strung together?

There was one theoretical commercial that was visually disgusting when coupled with the announcer's voiceover.

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.
    Donate blood!

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.

2. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

I saw parts of the show Clutch is referring to this week, and I too was dismayed with no Jim Carrey. Then again, he's Canadian, eh? [​IMG] Hey, how is South Park a Canadian movie, I am a little bit confused there?

As a lot of you astutely pointed out, the list omitted far too many greats, especially recent ones. I guess the Institute had to maintain a level of civility and maturity and thus left out some of the "wackier" and "goofier" flicks, such as Dumb & Dumber, Austin Powers, Ace Ventura etc. (BTW, where was Planes, Trains, and Automobiles? I know John Candy was a Canuck, but come on) Some of the movies were not even intended to be comedies, but rather just had some comedy in them. Ie. The Graduate, great movie but I don't remember it to be glaringly hilarious.

Ah well, I guess the very point of these ridiculous lists is to stir up some controversy.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    True champions do not take their failures to heart and never let success go to their heads.

3. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

No History of the World, Pt. I?
    No Python movies, esp. Life of Brian?!?

Ghostbusters and Mrs. Doubtfire beat all of them out?

However... The Graduate at No. 9, that was a phenomenal movie.

------------------

4. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

No Slapshot, no Top Secret, no Coming to America, and many more I can't think of right now. A lot of the films on this list I didn't find rather funny.

5. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Off the top of my head-- no Naked Gun, The Longest Yard, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, or The Birdcage. Using the AFI's very loose definition of comedy-- The African Queen and Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

------------------

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I think Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels should be in there somewhere as well.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!

7. Steve_Francis_rules

I couldn't agree more about how ridiculous it was to leave off Coming to America, Planes, Trains, and automobiles, and dirty, rotten scoundrels. Those movies were great.

------------------

8. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

I thought the South Park guys were Cannuks (sp?), don't know about where the movie itself was done.

I agree Planes, Ts & As, Birdcage, and The Naked Gun were really funny.

[This message has been edited by sir scarvajal (edited June 19, 2000).]