1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10 most controversial violent video games

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miracles Boys33, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Miracles Boys33

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/26/tech/...eo-games/index.html?sr=fb082613violentgames8p

2. AFS

AFS Member

MW2 is a good choice. No Russian caused so much controversy when the game was coming out. It was a well done scene from Infinity Ward.

Not sure that BioShock fits on the list though.

3. rawool

rawool Member

I don't think Bioshock or Bulletstorm deserve to be on this list. I would add Duke Nukem and possibly Resident Evil on there. I'm know I've played some other violent games, just can't think of them right now.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

For amusement
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://cdn-i.dmdentertainment.com/DMVideoPlayer/player_cr.swf" id="player" height="365" width="650">

</object>
    Why Hyper-Realistic Violence in Video Games Is Good for You -- powered by Cracked.com

I don't think we're there, YET, in citing video games as big influences for violence. Because I think it needs to be more the virtual reality world type gaming with ultra realistic graphics and movements to get the mind more conditioned. But we're headed there

And we all need to remember that almost VIOLENT crimes in the US have GONE DOWN over the past 2 decades in the US. Violent crimes have NOT increased, they've LESSENED. But nobody talks about that.

Anecdotaly, way back in the day I let my 8 and 5 year old nephews play Goldeneye and have multiplayer shoot-em-ups against each other. Theyre college age now and I don't think they're even anything close to being considered more "threat to society" as a result. And they're the generation thats come up in the wild internet frontier as well. Maybe its the "tweens" now before them would have to look at.

But going by the scares it should be we have already had hundreds of Mortal Kombat inspired murders a year.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Surprised 'Close Range' wasn't on the list

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PYQhvW-tjNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Lol @ bioshock

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No Manhunt? That game was banned in a few countries

1 person likes this.
  8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i'll take this schit to the D&D!

my parents taught me the difference between the real world and movies and games.

they didn't let tv and videogames babysit me when i was little.

people need to stop blaming videogames for violent action. this list is not even a good list for violent games

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

No Thrill Kill = Broken List.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Can someone post a video of time killers I think it was called. It was a fighting game with chainsaws. Was hilarious

11. conquistador#11

i remember playing the SNES version and finding no blood. I was disappoint!

12. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Manhunt 2 on the Wii. You had to use the control to actually do the motions of choking with wire or a plastic bag or stabbing enemies. Even though they censored that game dramatically stabbing and chocking people with the Wii remote seemed odd. Still a fun a game though.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'd let my kids play Call of Duty.

Unlike these other games, there's real history being taught in this game. Today's kids need to know what their great grandfathers went through 60 years ago to make sure they didn't grow up speaking German or Japanese.

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

15. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

16. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

They needed to include Rodney's Ride on that list...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_gpyTtlynCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...from Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood

17. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Not sure how this list was created without Manhunt, especially with some of the games listed (also, calling Silent Hill a "shooter" just seems odd).

Some other violent games too, though Manhunt got a LOT of attention.

God of War seems like a notable exclusion (for a popular game), especially since it is controversial for both sex and violence/gore. Guess no one wants to piss off Kratos or something.

18. youknowme

youknowme Member

Yep, I thought that would definitely be on the list

19. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Bioshock? Like MoonDogg one of the first games to pop in my mind was Carmageddon.

20. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Gears of War is more deserving than BioShock.

HM: Duke Nukem