1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

10 Best McDonalds Meal NOT in the USA!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IzakDavid13, Oct 10, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/10/08/10_best_mcdonalds_meals_you_wont_find_in_the_us

[​IMG]

India: BigSpicy Paneer Wrap
    This fast food take on a common Indian street food is both spicy and vegetarian, making it a hit at the 271 McDonald's locations in India. Made with breaded paneer, a type of South Asian cheese, the BigSpicy Paneer Wrap is one of many vegetarian McDonald's innovations, which have been so successful that the chain plans to open two all-vegetarian locations in India next year.

[​IMG]

Japan: Ebi Filet-O
    Part of McDonald's Japan President Eikoh Harada's push to tailor food to Japanese taste, the Ebi Filet-O generated sales of 10 million in the first three months after its launch in October 2005. Made with breaded shrimp, this Japanese version of the classic Filet-O-Fish is modeled after the traditional Japanese dish of shrimp tempura and costs around $5.70 in Tokyo.

[​IMG]

Turkey: Kofteburger
    The Kofteburger is the McDonaldization of kofte, a type of Turkish kebab made with mint and parsley. So authentic that even the bun is sprinkled with parsley, the Kofteburger has been a hit with Turkish customers, and as one American visitor put it, "it's good but it doesn't taste like a burger...it tastes very...Turkish."

[​IMG]

Thailand: Samurai Pork Burger
    The name says it all. Featuring a pork patty marinated in Teriyaki sauce and smothered in peppers, the Samurai Pork burger is McDonald's attempt to put a Thai twist on the classic Big Mac, although the fast food giant may be a little off the geographical mark on this one. As one customer asks, "Why does it have a Japanese name when I'm in Thailand?"

[​IMG]

Morocco: McArabia
    Priced at about $6.50, variations on the McArabia are available in countries across the Middle East. But Moroccans, especially, seem to have taken to this cumin-spiced flatbread beef sandwich. As one customer told the Global Post, "Honestly, it tastes Moroccan."

[​IMG]

China: Prosperity Burger
    A seasonal item only available around the Chinese New Year, the Prosperity Burger is made with beef smothered in black pepper sauce and onions. Customers in China and other East Asian countries can also enjoy local delicacies like taro pie, a variation of the classic apple version, as well as red bean sundaes.

[​IMG]

France: Croque McDo
    The country that immortalized the "Royale with Cheese" in the classic film Pulp Fiction has another local McDonald's creation to boast about. This take on the croque-monsieur, the classic French open-faced ham and cheese sandwich, is popular with Parisians and tourists alike. As one American visitor to France exclaimed about the breakfast sandwich in her blog: "this was no American Happy Meal."

[​IMG]

Poland: The WiesMac
    This quarter-pound beef patty, translated into English as the "Country Mac," is served with mustard and horseradish sauce on a sesame bun. "Everytime I eat WiesMac...I want to die," says one Polish customer in an online discussion, "But it is very tasty." Apparently, McDonald's guilt transcends differences of language and culture.

[​IMG]

Mexico: McMollete
    The Mexican version of a McMuffin minus the egg, this international McDonald's breakfast creation consists of refried beans, cheese, and pico de gallo, or Mexican salsa, atop a muffin. The dish takes its inspiration from molletes, a classic Mexican comfort food.

[​IMG]

The Netherlands: McKroket
    When McDonald's first moved to the Netherlands in the seventies, they tried to tempt Dutch customers with erwtensoep, or pea soup. Although that venture was unsuccessful, the McKroket has proven a much more profitable local item. A deep-fried patty of beef ragout on a bun, the McKroket costs roughly $2.50 and is McDonald's take on the traditional Dutch croquet.

Plus, because I'm feeling nice...from mighty Australia:

[​IMG]

The Angus Beef Burger

[​IMG]

The Lamb Burger

[​IMG]

McLamb Wrap

And down the road in the little town of Yass...

[​IMG]

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I love it!

When I go out of state, I always ask if they serve the "Texas Homestyle Burger"... (only sold in Texas)...

Fun will be had by all. :grin:

3. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Lol. I'll have to try it. Sounds like hilarity would indeed ensue.

I think in Spain, they still had the Texas Whopper (it was 7 years ago, so maybe I am not remembering correctly)

4. supdudes

supdudes Member

BUT the McRib is king, KING I TELLS YA

JK, seriously after watching Food Inc I'm not surprised one bit. It's been a long time since anything American has had any reputation for quality (weapons excluded)

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Some of those actually look good.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

McDonald's is my favorite restaurant.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Would love to try the BigSpicy Paneer Wrap.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The McArabia looks good. The Prosperity Burger looks like s*** on a shingle.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

YASSSSSS! :D

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Samurai Pork Burger sounds awesome.

11. ashiin

ashiin Member

We've had the ebi burger and the samurai burger in Hong Kong, both were ****ING AMAZING. The sweet corn/lobster bisque at McDonalds in HK were awesome too.

12. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I know one thing. McDonalds has some of the best chicken in Peru.
    You'd think you were in a KFC. They even have KFC's here, but even with
    that McDonald's still has better chicken.
    And this is a country that LIVES on chicken. You can find a polleria
    on almost every block.

13. engr chris

engr chris Member

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Has anyone gone to Hong Kong and tried McDonald's McWings? They are delicious!

15. ashiin

ashiin Member

Yess those wings with their hot sauce, they have it in Taiwan too.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I love the McTacos.

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I was in Zhong Li not long ago...I miss the squid on a stick from the night markets!

18. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

In Hawaii, the portuguese sausage, eggs and rice from McDonalds is totally da bomb!

[​IMG]

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Not a healthy food snob. But I'll never touch McDonald's again. So far it's been 10 years.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

^ that rectangular stuff is not portuguese sausage; that's spam.

1 person likes this.