1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

$1: Beer, Hotdogs, Nachos & Soda: GAME 5 VS. OKC @ TOYOTA CENTER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Apr 24, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz, no one in their seats....so much for the urbanization of the lower bowl.

Did Mad Max give a pep talk to no one, too?

cdrive likes this.
  2. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

a few more showed up before tip off, but nah it was still pretty empty lower bowl club section, better in 2nd quarter but still lots of gaps. But the Clubs were full.

3. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Exactly.

cdrive likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Texans on the field product sucks azz but their food/tailgating/ other fan stuff is great

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

have to say the crowd needs to be more into the games. The fact that Nene and Ariza had to encourage the crowd to get louder shouldn't have to happen. It's HCA for a reason. There's times where TC is loud and it just needs to be more consistent but not bc our players are telling you to do so. The atmosphere during opposing players FT's is terrible. The people sitting behind the goals are no help at all

Richie_Rich and SLRokJok like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actual the lower bowl looks like some of the abandoned areas of our nation's once-great cities. Somebody, somehow, desperately needs to Make the Lower Bowl Great Again.

7. Mr. Clutch

Offer better food.

This is movie theater quality stuff.

8. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Most Houstonians are fat and lazy. I routinely get told plenty of times that my standing obstructs other's views when im at TC. I nearly slapped one particular prick that tried to get upset with me for getting too loud while watching. I threatened his ass to not **** with me again.

Lots of lame people at TC sadly.

Richie_Rich, hvic and Snow Villiers like this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yep, most Houstonians idol is JJ Fatt who is epitome of fat and lazy. whatcha expect?

Snow Villiers likes this.
  10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Is this why you eat so many double cheeseburgers and why you're so fat and lazy??? :p

You need to go to 24 more often! :D

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Just because you Size up the meal and throw in an extra set of large fries whenever I visit you at McD or BK doesn't mean I eat it. I already told you I pass it the way of @Mr. Motiejunas and sometimes Keith Jones.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And people wonder why attendance is low? It sounds like you're having fun at the expense of everyone else.

13. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Frreal. Arenas don't do balloon or towel waving behind goals anymore?

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Don't forget triple chin Morey! :D

15. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

crybabies like yourself should stay at home. Never realized cheering for the home team would make the experience "unfavorable". FOH.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yep, I probably should stay home. That way, I can avoid self-centered jerks like yourself. Put yourself in their shoes. They paid good money for a seat. Is it fair to them that their view is continuously obstructed by you?

Honestly though, if I have to keep asking you to sit down, there's a good chance I'm "accidentally" going to spill a beer on you.

17. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Spill a beer on me and a fight comes with that.

Yea its better a sour puss like yourself stay home. No need to come all the way to Toyota center and get your ass whooped.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Hah. Keyboard warriors are awesome. I hope you never change.

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

fwiw, even 2 days late, the lines were pretty bad, the $1 beer were offered everywhere, even the small stands like the Pretzel one near the club section which had the least amount of people. Both beer and soda sizes were about 12oz, equivalent to a can. The $1 nachos/hot dogs were only offered in the 3 sections down stairs and ONE up stairs. Line were comparable to Black Friday lines, so I passed.

If anybody wants a FREE soft drink every game, and doesn't drink alcohol, just sign up to be the designated driver and you get a regular size (not the souvenir) drink. I've been doing it every game past 5 years thanks to @pugsly8422. Hell they do these at Astros and I believe Texans games also

20. Mr. Clutch

Yeah, it was a complete joke. It was small beers and limit one. Previously they had regular size and you could order two at a time.

The $1 nachos/hot dog lines were too long and I doubt everyone waiting got the food in time. How do you try to get thousands of people in early and only have THREE stands available?

Not falling for that crap again, LES. You hear me!?