1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

$1: Beer, Hotdogs, Nachos & Soda: GAME 5 VS. OKC @ TOYOTA CENTER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Apr 24, 2017.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Its nice and all, but the basketball arenas that are the loudest don't appear to me to be a bunch of drunk people.

2. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

I'm glad you said this because if I would've said it I would've been called a "troll" who doesn't understand that football is King in Texas. As if football isn't King many other places who happen to sell out their NBA arenas especially during Playoffs

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm sorry but that fake tough guy sport eggball sucks. It's usually watched only by the unathletic, uneducated masses.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who eat dollar nachos and put ketchup on their hotdogs :cool:

cdrive and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't imagine having great lower bowl tickets and not doing my best to show up on time, even if they were given to me through a corporate relationship. I've had the good fortune to sit a few rows behind the Rockets' bench a few times and I've always gotten there early for the full experience. It is not difficult to arrive at the arena on-time if you prioritize it and it's embarrassing that the same fans who arrive late also seem to leave early.

What hurts is that the upper deck is always filled up before the game. I really wish the Rockets would start a program of moving fans down to the lower level, with x minutes left in the second quarter, if the rightful ticket holder's ticket has not even been scanned yet. Anything to make our arena look better on national television. Teams like Oklahoma City, Golden State, San Antonio, Portland, Toronto, Boston, etc. never seem to have this problem.

RasaqBoi and Richie_Rich like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

that's funny. have you seen the waistlines of the people in the lower level?

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They jacked up the prices from game 2 which wasn't full. Hope they end up with a half empty stadium. **** Les.

cheke64 likes this.
  8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I went to game 2. The lower bowl was probably half empty 1st and 2nd Q. Even at end there were plenty of empty seats. You might not have been able to see them because they were red, and everyone got a red shirt, but if you went there you could see them pretty easily.

#68 Air Langhi, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    OldYelllowDog likes this.
  9. papoose115

papoose115 Member

for the love of god, ppl that are actually going to today's game please get there on time and sit in ur damn chair. i wish i had tickets to even go! dont say ur rockets fan and have the entire damn building be empty at tip off! its embarrassing.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Has the rumor that Travis Scott will be playing before the game been posted anywhere?

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't see why he would. that doesn't really make much sense when everyone is going to at the bars/stands

edit: i guess he is. hopefully people will be sitting down by then lol

#71 YOLO, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  12. dmoneybangbang

I went to game 2, from what I saw by the time there was 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter the place was packed. This is pretty much my experience every game more or less. The lower bowl just takes awhile to fill up, whether people are late due to traffic or hanging out by the bar and food in the lower bowl section.

13. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

I can't believe this is what it has come to in order to get fans to arrive early. I love this team and make it an absolute necessity to show up to the game 45-60 minutes before tip off so I can see my favorite players longer and enjoy the experience. I'm not there to chat, eat or talk about business. I'm there for bball and screaming as loudly as possible.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I try to get there early as well. Sometimes it's just not possible for me to get there until sometime during the 1st quarter. I've never not showed up until like after halftime tho. The main issue is with sections 118-122 and sections 105-109. Almost every time I go I see a large portion of empty seats there while everywhere else seems to be packed.

OldYelllowDog and TMackin713 like this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Like I said the other day, this is the last time hopefully this is an issue. If they win tonight, Round 2 will have a schedule where each night there's one Eastern Conference game and one Western Conference game. The East game will start no earlier than 6PM CST which means the West game will start no earlier than 8:30PM. And if God willing the Rockets make it to the WCF, weeknight games will probably tip off around 8PM.

TMackin713 likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm guilty of this but yeah those sections are the Rockets club with it's own private bar/food area and mostly everyone is in there just lounging around inside and really no real urge to get to their seats as you can see from there as well.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I try to get there early when I do go but sometimes I'm just held up at my job past my work time. I usually get home in 30 minutes and I live in the eado area, but even then I'm usually rushing. I hate the 7 o clock time but I know 730 start time would not solve the issue either.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

People will end up leaving early lol, because you know, school days.

19. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

You'll be sorry, HeyP Herman.

DD

heypartner and Mr. Clutch like this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If they keep doing this, they're gonna have add more seating in the general areas.