1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1/30/2008] Texas @ Texas A&M

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by RocketManJosh, Jan 30, 2008.

1. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Big game tonight, but bigger for my Ags. They have to get back on track or this season could go downhill fast. I think we need to have Kirk and Roland in the game a lot to try to slow down the Texas Guards a bit on D and hope that Josh Carter remembers how to shoot the ball. In conference play he is shooting something like 25% from 3 point range. Not good for last seasons NCAA leader.

Ags 74
    Texas 71

2. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

Go Aggies.

Gig 'em!!!​

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's a big game for both. A&M needs it to get back on track. UT needs it for RPI. It's going to be a close game...not 5 OT's close, though. I think UT pulls this one out as their guards are just better. Though, I think Damien James will be the difference in this one. Look for him to have a big big game

UT 78
    A&M 72

4. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

can't wait to watch this game tonight - I'm just upset I don't get to watch the UH / Memphis game

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I am upset I can't see KSU/KU!!!
    Monumental game for the Aggies. A confident victory at home and the entire attitude towards this season can change. A close battle and victory would be a great lesson. A loss? Would catapult us out of the top 25 and things will most likely get worse. I don't think these players are buying what Turgeon is selling (because he is a selling a crappy product). Like Acie Law said; this isn't Aggie basketball.

6. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

7. RocketManJosh

Nice first half!!! Ags up by 15! We've blown leads that big before pretty quickly. Gotta keep it going the entire 2nd half.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Unhappy camper here! Doesn't help that my boss is there and is texting me bragging.

At least K-State upset Kansas, whatever that means.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Gotta keep this lead! Go aggies!

Largest crowd in the HISTORY of TAMU basketball!!! :eek:

10. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Aggie fans have to be the least knowledgeable basketball fans in the country. The scream foul on every miniscule touch, and boo the most obvious calls against their own team.

11. RocketManJosh

Yeah because Longhorn fans (or almost any teams fans) don't do that at all :rolleyes:

Apparently you are the one not knowledgeable ... and a Basketball snob to boot. Bad combination.

12. RocketFan007

No, actually they don't. If you watch knowledgable fans, they cheer for their teams, but they don't act like they know absolutely nothing about basketball. There's a difference between being behind your team and understanding the game, and being blindly in love with your university. Watch a Duke, UNC, or Kansas game and you'll see the difference.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Great call, it was a flagrant foul.

GO TAMU!!!

14. RocketManJosh

Whatever ... You can think whatever the hell you want, but I watch College Basketball all the time, and fans ***** about good calls and bad calls all the time. Are there a few schools where they are a little better than others? Yes. I'll definitely agree with you on KU. They are great fans. But, UNC??? Are you kidding me?!?!? They ***** about everything there especially considering they get all the calls since they have UNC on their jersey.

I can't even believe I have to argue this point.

And don't get me wrong. I agree with you that they complain way too much and I think its dumb. But to say that most schools are not like that is just plain wrong.

#14 RocketManJosh, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  15. RocketManJosh

Losing Davis is a MASSIVE blow to this team. We really need him. Sure hope its nothing serious.

16. RocketFan007

I'm not saying that a lot of schools don't so they same thing. I'm saying that A&M is one of the worst. There are fans who understand the game out there, Aggies are not one of them.

17. AggieRocketFan96

These points you are making are worthless anyway. Just focus on what's going on the court not with the fans. TAMU is playing a helluva game completely dominating the higher ranked longhorns. Focus on that.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Fixed it for ya

19. RocketManJosh

I love when you horns fans go to trash talking like that because that means you are losing on the court/field to the Aggies just like you've been doing a lot of the last few years.

20. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

bt is far from a horns fan.