1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1/3 of the NBA Crew from Game 7 retires

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheresTheDagger, Sep 5, 2018.

1. TheresTheDagger

Now if we can just get Scott Foster and Mike Callahan to retire....

2. Voltik

Voltik Member

Good riddance. Hoping for Scott Foster and Brothers to be announced in next few days.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Paid off well for fixing game 7. Well enough to retire apparently.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Spreading their crooked influence

smp, banzai and fckbandwagons like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

hope the rest can retire from life on a permanent basis.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Dumb. Most sports are not gentleman sports can be manipulated. As long as Vegas is involved, there will be corruption. Example of gentleman sports - golf.

Mazulis likes this.
  9. smp

smp Member

I work in oil and gas. My job is to automate systems to the point where humans have very little decision making responsibility. We try to eliminate the human factor. Why? Because humans are biased and make dumb decisions. They get tired. They have off nights. They get into gambling and substance abuse problems. They go through divorces and personal issues. Blah blah blah. A computer doesn’t give a **** about anything but running the program. The programs can be audited. There’s no way to hide squirrelly behavior.

Sports need to find a way to do this as well. We need automated refereeing. Time to put the refs out of a job.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. rockets13champs

Scott Foster is gonna keep going till he’s 500 years old

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

This won't make a difference, rookies are much quicker with the whistle and the influence of the veterans and league office is still corrupted so "the more things change, the more they stay the same".

12. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I get what you are saying, but can you imagine the automated ref calling every foul, every travel etc.... The game would slow down and be boring, a bunch of free throws, stars fouling out, slower pace, lower scores. Do I want the right calls called especially at crucial times, Yes. But to take the human element out and put a computer would probably hurt the game, in my opinion. They just really need to hold the refs accountable for missing blatant calls, or making bad ones.

13. smp

smp Member

I get it. All of your arguments are valid and I agree with you. We are a long way off from AI refs. They aren’t even trying to progress the technology though. We could use computers for things like out of bounds calls, 2 or 3 pointer, shot clock violations, and easy stuff like that at first. Just get the technology started. Kind of like tennis does. Baseball is toying with it for balls and strikes. The NBA isn’t doing **** but looking at replays for 30 minutes to decide if it was a 2 or 3. The refereeing needs to evolve and it’s time to get the process started. It might take 50 years to fully convert but it’s time to start. Cars are on the verge of driving themselves but we can’t use a computer at all in a freaking basketball game?

Like you also said, in the meantime they need to punish bad calls and clear screwups. There needs to be a way to keep one biased ******* from dictating the whole game because he doesn’t like the way a player plays the game. It needs to be done during the game too. Not after the fact. Like maybe you even go so far as to have a sub ref and you pull the guy who screws up and bench his ass and overturn his biased or incompetent influence. I don’t know. But the league isn’t taking it seriously. They want to stay in 1950 like there’s no room to improve.

The Rockets specifically have been screwed over so hard by the refs vs golden state that I have zero confidence in them and I want to see their power and influence on the game eroded in a meaningful way. Corrupt ass mfer’s.

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Joey Crawford blew out his knee, Bad Karma got him, all those years of making enemies with Gregg Popovich, Tim Duncan, and countless other players.

Joey Crawford threw out Steve Francis with a Flagrant Foul on John Stockton at Utah, which never happened, John as usual hooked his arm with Steve. Steve Francis was destroying John Stockton supposedly great defense, Steve was going for a Career High. No Instant Replay back then.

Rockets vs Lakers, Phil Jackson, Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant were giving cheap shots to Luis Scola, Ron Artest.
    Joey Crawford ignored Flagrant Fouls, and said to Rocket players "Who are you"

So much arrogance in officiating, it's controlled by Gambling Mafias in Vegas.

15. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Those who can't do, teach.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

I dare anyone who can do to try and teach. Most wouldn't last a month.

Don't underestimate teachers, many who leave the profession excel in other professions.