1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Interesting thing for the league to look at”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"Interesting thing for the league to look at".....

Doris: "Ya know, the Golden State Warriors motion offense really benefit from the moving screens that Green, Bogut and Looney set. It might be an interesting thing for the league to look at that considering that make a point of looking at the freedom of movement"

Doris...you can do it...just say it.

Tfor3, lilbird20, Bearded13 and 2 others like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Was pretty annoyed with her during the game but I have to agree with this.

3. SemisolidSnake

Could someone explain to me what the title quote of this thread is in reference to? I missed part of the game, watched the local broadcast, and always mute national broadcasts. All I know is that I'm supposed to hate a chick named Doris, and I was already mostly there before this thread started, knowing the inherent nature of national NBA broadcasts.

jcf likes this.
  4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

She noted that Harden pushes off with his arm to gain separation for his stepback and suggested the league might want to consider making it illegal. She followed it by saying "They've made things easier on offense. . . ." like now they need to make things easier on the defense as well, by looking at things like this.

5. SemisolidSnake

Thank you. I've seen players on the other team in any game the Rockets are playing do the exact same thing.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Jazz doing **** all game, straight crickets, even when DM goes to the line all quarter. Harden makes his first 3, uses his forearm just a bit (no more than any other player) and she can't say anything other than "hmmm that may be something the league should look into"

Bearded13 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

just heard Doris Burke say that she wonders if the league should start looking into giving the defender more of an advantage because they can’t touch someone like James Harden

BigShasta likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

How many FTAs has Harden taken in this series?

While we are at it, let's talk about Giannis' 15-20 FTAs in the last Bucks/Pistons game. Looks like a lot of "touching."

Bearded13 likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the harden hate is just snowballing this week. i'm getting it from every direction from multiple continents :D

ingles elbow to harden's neck for instance, already got several haters complaining it was 100% a flop

and (thx to boris durke?) a couple haters claim the league should call offensive foul when he pushes defenders off him

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Would be interesting if ESPN removed her from the broadcast booth.
    That'd be interesting for ESPN to look at.
    ;)