1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

‘Prove I’m a racist’: LePage challenges Westbrook lawmaker in obscenity-laced voice mail

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Republicans kill all kinds of babies and Democrats own all kinds of guns. Pretty much any divorced white woman has done both.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You want to set the governor on fire?

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Please don't kill my baby.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He's a paid Trumptroll. You already know the answer to your own question.

5. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Yeah I do.

It goes both ways, but the fact that there's no moral high-ground for either side is frustrating. Everything is so partisan that something can't happen without that person's side proclaiming "THAT'S NOTHING COMPARED TO WHEN YOUR PARTY'S CANDIDATE DID XYZ".

This guy was unprofessional. That's it. It has nothing to do with the party he's affiliated with.

1 person likes this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This story isn't really about whether LePage is a racist. It's about how LePage is totally unhinged, cussing out colleagues, and threatening violence.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

How about now?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Paul LePage, the Governor of Maine. <a href="https://t.co/ds97ekexvu">pic.twitter.com/ds97ekexvu</a></p>&mdash; deray mckesson (@deray) <a href="https://twitter.com/deray/status/769520234793500672">August 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This guy doesn't seem all there.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Step ahead like Nationalized Healthcare, right?

DD

10. CometsWin

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mural depicting Gov. Paul LePage in KKK regalia sparks paint fight in Maine’s biggest city<a href="https://t.co/NcGMMaf5NC">https://t.co/NcGMMaf5NC</a> <a href="https://t.co/kGgqZJMa7l">pic.twitter.com/kGgqZJMa7l</a></p>&mdash; Washington Post (@washingtonpost) <a href="https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/773486394337533952">September 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, he's a loon.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XZMps6VOJ6Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Dei

Dei Member

Going back to topic,

What kind of response did you expect? He's angry because he's been called a racist. Nothing really incriminates him on the charge.

13. Dei

Dei Member

How's that necessarily racist? You're being invaded by Mexicans. They're brown.

14. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

"Invaded" connotes an aggression. Thats not what immigration is. Immigration is not aggression - it may be unlawful, but its not aggressive - there is no evil intent on the behalf of the immigrants. They just want a better life.

Now I would like to see the rest of the quote to see if he further explains his remark because it is conveniently edited in a very Michael Moore-ish way.

However by what I've seen so far of his actions, this guy is not fit to be governor.

15. Dei

Dei Member

If they run away from the border patrol, that's aggressive to me.

16. CometsWin

Dude, you're a white supremacist. Just own it. Don't play the willful ignorance card. It's lame.

17. bongman

bongman Member

Let's just raise the bar and call it... having them breath oxygen since "running away" is now an aggressive act. It's really interesting how people can justify anything for the sake of gaining/keeping power.

18. Dei

Dei Member

Your allusion to police shootings is r****ded. That's like saying me trespassing into your house isn't aggressive.

19. Dei

Dei Member

Dude, you're tagging me into a group in order to avoid arguing with me.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

'Invaded' is not simply aggressive but an act of aggression, like one nation might execute on another. 'Invaded' might be appropriate if the immigrants were sent or intentionally driven by Mexico in order to undermine the United States. That doesn't seem to be the case here to me. Even if the immigrants are intentionally evading law enforcement, that aren't trying to undermine the country. The most you could say is that it's an unfortunate side-effect.

Anyway, I'm not interested in the semantics. The dude is a loudmouth and a bore; I don't know if it matters if he qualifies as a racist too.