1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Dwight Howard brought loaded gun to airport

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Sep 2, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I know bmd. I didn't judge the ownership of gun I judged the reckleness of an owner. These people who have a gun at their home should know where it is and not throw it in a bag , correct? Especially when they have small children.

BTW, I didn't even say my opinion on owning guns. But what is funny is when someone says that in Europe is totally normal and acceptable for 16 year olds to drink alcohol or buy cigarettes you have people from usa judging and criticising from their own culture. To each their own I say.

2. malakas

malakas Member

ok. So there can be no preemptive messure against a gun owner who leaves his gun around and doesn't know where it is, to prevent from accidents happening? That's unfortunate.

3. baubo

baubo Member

I once messed up and accidently packed a set of kitchen knives into my carry-on luggage instead of the checked-in one. When I passed through security, they took out the knives and threw it away. I was allowed to go on the plane afterwards. No arrest. No fines. At the time I didn't think much of it. But does this mean you think I should've been arrested and not be allowed to ever carry knives?

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What malakas is saying is, there should be penalties for people who lose track of their guns, like taking away their concealed handgun license, or possibly suspending it temporarily. It makes sense. If you're constantly screwing up like that, you shouldn't have the privilege. It would be very much like penalties for speeding/drunk driving. If you knew you'd lose the right to carry or even own a gun, then that should help people "remember" to be careful with them.

5. bmd

bmd Member

They do have such laws in some states. It's called "criminal storage of a firearm".

6. bmd

bmd Member

Or "criminally negligent storage of a firearm".

7. malakas

malakas Member

Kitchen knives? No. If it was a katana on the other hand then yeah ?:grin:
    A knife can't accidentally discharge and kill someone. And an accidental stab wound by a knife at MOST cases, not all of course, isn't fatal.

Yea that's what I'm saying. I'm not attacking the american culture and there's no need to be defensive. I just think, that in my opinion, there should be some measures to prevent accidents by reckless use of lethal weapons like guns. And an example of reckless use is having a loaded gun and not remembering where you left it. Just my opinion.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Either that, or he takes his gun through airport security all the time and most of the time they don't detect it.

9. TheresTheDagger

Thank god the Brady ruling came down today to distract the sports world.

Dwight....WTF?!?!?

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It happens, guys. We're all going to be OK, I promise.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That would be scary.

I was going to say this:

Look at the bright side. The system worked. They caught a 6-11, 250 lbs potential terrorist trying to sneak a gun past the security check.

Then I saw your post.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I wouldn't worry. They stop me every time they see me bringing a liquid bottle that's too large, I'm pretty sure those machines are capable of flagging a gun

13. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

At least it was registered. So many celebs get caught with non registered guns

That 1 bullet was for Kobe, talkin all that trash

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Did he convert to?

....oh, don't worry

#134 IzakDavid13, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  15. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Your intent set aside, yes, you should be punished for this mistake. Or rather, you should be detained and questioned and then, if it appears to everyone to be an honest mistake, no charges.

But as others have mentioned, innocently forgetting knives in a bag not the same as innocently forgetting a loaded gun in a bag.

We do have to take some responsibility for our actions. Suspension of some permit, like concealed carry or something, if you do something reckless like this...is that so shocking of an idea?

People have this, "It was just a mistake!" mentality. Great, but I'd rather grant privileges to those that are diligent and were in the same situation and did not make mistakes.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It was an honest mistake. He's a big target celebrity to be held up for some $$$$.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Well, you can, actually. You just can't take a loaded one in your carry on bag.

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

By this logic, we'd take the driver's license away from everyone who committed a moving violation.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

I'm not american, I used to think US is the 2nd tier dream country after Canada, but after watching tens of LastWeek Tonight episodes with Jon Oliver I changed my mind. Your country is so broken, bunch of stupid ass laws, governments ran by 18th century fossils...

20. bmd

bmd Member

You can do Jon Oliver's show with any country in the world.

He could do the same show with Canada and make Canada look bad.