1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So... Any more significant moves coming up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Jul 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Ns575

Ns575 Member

And to all the people above... Ariza isn't going anywhere unless it's for a massive upgrade at the SF. As in MASSIVE. Like the guy who's initials are KD.

We'd have to dump Ariza and sign Durant next FA.

Don't get your hopes up though.

2. basketballholic

Morey is trying to get a better upgrade than that. He might not get it done but he's trying.

3. Ns575

Ns575 Member

[​IMG]

...if we get a bigger upgrade at the backup PF or even moving Dmo to the bench and having somebody like Taj Gibson start we'll be the winners at the end of this season.

4. dmoneybangbang

No need. Morey will stay pat until the next trade deadline.

I wouldn't be surprised or upset if TJones plays well and we let him walk for nothing. However, we got a long ways to go until we can begin to see the landscape for the next trade deadline.

5. dmoneybangbang

He's always trying, always trying to figure out the value of a player to an opposing team, always trying to collect info, etc. It's what makes him great at what he does.

More to the point, considering the contracts we got guys on and the talent, I think we make a few minor moves to get a better pick(s). Morey is going to remain flexible until he signs that 3rd major piece. Do we already have it? It could be Lawson or DMo. It will be interesting to see how the first half of the season unfolds.

I think Morey is at the point where he can be more picky. Although, when you really look at it, he's always been picky despite the wheelin' and dealin'.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Some more PF help.

Unless Harell is the real deal and Dekker can play some stretch 4

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

These analytic nerds don't know a thing about basketball.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Gibson, but he is undergoing a period of rehab to his left ankle after surgery for damaged ligaments and bone spurs.

9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Favors would be nasty, but I doubt Utah gives him up. They traded scraps for Kanter because they believe in Gobert and Favors.

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Good point about the expiring contracts. Though, with the inflated cap, 12 mill a year may be a decent deal for D-Mo.

11. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I'm going through the same stuff he's going through brother. 2 and a half months ago at a Dallas qualifier I went up for a block. Blocked the shot, grabbed the board and landed on a dudes foot. Tore 3 ligaments straight through. The left side of my left ankle swelled up to the size of a softball. I'm undergoing physical therapy at the Robert Horry center in Sugarland. They're getting my ankle back to nearly 100% and I'm already grabbing the rim again with two hands, just not dunking quite yet. If I can pull through, I feel he can too.

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Knicks, Rockets and Mavericks remain interested in Lakers free agent forward Carlos Boozer, league sources tell Sheridan Hoops.</p>&mdash; Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/625885739532873728">July 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am glad you are better. I would love to see you play. It will be nice to see Taj back.

I am hoping that we might be able to get Al Horford by the February deadline, if he is on the trade block. I am not opposed to getting an upgrade at the 4 before the season begins. I do want to retain D-Mo, and I am hoping that Jones will improve too.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Might as well scoop boozer up with the injuries of last season I would feel more comfortable with him for insurance. He can put up points off the bench. He can also rebound of i recall correctly even though he has been known to play lazy defense but he is only 33 maybe he will come back to life on this super team we are building :)

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No he isn't, he is now interested in doing the small chemistry deals - we are THERE as a contender - no need to over tinker.

DD

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You do realize you are having a conversation with mr. tinker train?

2 people like this.
  17. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I'd much rather have Boozer than Hayes honestly off the bench if it's for vet minimum. But don't see them sorting out the PF position between D-Mo/Jones till the trade deadline.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, and he is 100% wrong here - pretends like he is somehow in the know and is just not.

DD

1 person likes this.
  19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

every piece of our bench could start somewhere else in the league.

That's absurdly awesome.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hell no. Hayes is more or less an upgraded version of what Dorsey brought the team last year as regular season insurance as a backup to Dwight. The need is more for 5 dirty work, post DEFENSE insurance and rebounding rather than scoring at the 4.

Boozer might be one of the worst defensive bigs in the league. He's awful. Hayes is still decent to good, and can still body up bigs with the best of them.