1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher on why nobody wants to play for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Jul 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Traded for Lebron then Traded for CP3 then traded for Durant then DJ and Aldridge would've signed here. It's simple really.:rolleyes:

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

How many teams go decades with out being able to add players like Harden and Howard at all? The Rockets added both in a couple of seasons and now everyone thinks there is something wrong when the it doesn't happen every summer?

By the way, I think Ariza turned out to be a very significant addition last season for a steal. Brewer came back to Houston for less then he was offered from other teams. Patrick is on record as saying the he came back for less as well.

Josh chose Houston last season but didn't this season. It happens. The Rockets are in an exceptionally good position going into the season.

The Thunder are a big question mark in my opinion. Alvin Gentry did not impress me as coach of the Suns. The Thunder played really bad defense last season and I don't see Durant changing that.

What did Memphis do to get better? Nothing. Adding Brandon Wright is something but does he push them over Houston? Not a chance.

LAC will not be significantly better IMO if they are better at all.

GSW is the clear favorites going into the season. After that you have Houston, SAS, MEM and LAC that will battle all season for the 2-5, just like last season. Thunder and NOP would be next.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Piss off.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Buch has real cred. Er crud. He's been run off outlets because he's a hack who can't hack it.

Sorry, he's an ignore. Ramous.

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Amazing.

This is like the 10th thread someone has bumped today to say, "See? See how right I was that we have a bad team?"

Do you guys even watch the games?

Do you think that 28 teams suck or is it all 29 that didn't make the NBA Finals?

The "what have you done for me lately" junk when we had the season we had, injured, is absurd.

These necro-threads should be frigging mea culpas. SMFH.

DonKnock, MONON and Andy Sheets like this.
  6. OpenLayup-Why3?

How many big free agents chose OKC, Portland, New Orleans, GSW this or previous summer? Most of their stars if not all were either drafted there or were traded there and then resigned, but not went there ala LMA from one team to another thru free agency.
    Not getting a 3rd superstar over free agency is not a surprise, it's just the way it is, who other than Bosh, Wade and Lebron to Miami done this? because that's what the guy who bumped the thread wants. He want's a top 20 player, who is a free agent, to sign with Houston, Howard and Harden. That just doesn't happen. Everyone wants to be his own star, not share with 2 others. Even LMA has chosen to be a star in San Antonio, because their former stars aren't so bright any more. And going back to Miami big 3 - they all were FAs at the same time. Tell me when was the last time 1 star chose to sign with a team in free agency, that already had 2 stars on a team? And the time before that?
    It just doesn't happen. Don't blame Morey

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

More like Pric Puker

You know, because of all those bags of dicks he eats.

8. MONON

MONON Member

Way to go, Batman! REPPED!!

9. Airdough

Airdough Member

Alvin Gentry is coaching the Pelicans. Billy Donovan has the Thunder which really adds to their question mark. In reality, there are at least 4 other title contenders in the West besides the Rockets.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ask the players around the league how they feel about playing against the Rockets. Going up against Harden, Howard, and Ariza and Beverley. Ask Dallas. Ask the Clippers. Ask the teams that were behind us in the standings, both those who made the playoffs and those who were on the outside, looking with envy as we went to the conference finals. Ask the players who have a functioning brain whether the Rockets are a heck of a tough team to play. The honest ones, in my humble opinion, will say "Hell yes, the Rockets are a b**** to go up against. Harden and Dwight are a load. Ariza is hell on wheels on the defensive end. Beverley drives me freakin' crazy."

Like Batman said in his excellent post, and I'll paraphrase, do you chumps even watch the games? Do you? Because some of you people sure as hell sound like you don't. That, or your brains are running on fumes. We're coming off playing in the Western Conference Finals. Do you idiots have any conception of how hard it is to make it that far? Evidently not. You're fools that think we should be in the Finals every season, with a dozen trophies to admire. It ain't that ****ing easy. Not even close.

2 people like this.
  11. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I know, right? I heard Jimmy Butler was coming here, except Morey wouldn't give season tickets to his uncle!

12. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Morey will do what needs to be done at the right time. Unless you haven't noticed, he isn't the type of guy who just sits around with his thumb up his ass. Have a little faith in the dude.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Out"Freaking"Standing post!

The Rockets have the best season in decades making it one series from the NBA championship and some posters act like the team missed the play-offs.

Well said Deck!

1 person likes this.
  14. tharges

tharges Member

Buck Fuecher!

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Well I guess there goes our dreams of Durant coming to H-town :(

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Time to tank.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Other than Josh Smith leaving for LAC, I don't understand how this off-season has been a miss so far. Did we expect anyone big to come here? We are one of many competitive teams with little money. We still aren't out from getting a pg. I don't know why Josh left but he did. It stinks that he went to the Clippers but I don't think he is going to be all that happy there.

The Rockets are never going to be sexy as a destination. We don't have the bright lights of L.A. or NY, we don't have the appeal of South Beach, we don't have the championship pedigree of San Antonio or Boston. Outside that group of teams, everyone has trouble enticing the big name free agents. Even SA - LMA is the biggest free agent to ever sign with them as far as I can remember. L.A. has been dissed by Dwight and LMA. Dallas was dissed by Jordan. Most FA's stayed with their own teams. Other guys took the money.

The fact that Josh Smith revitalized his career in Houston makes us an attractive target. I don't think anyone thinks that playing in Houston is a mistake. Dwight might leave us after next year, but honestly I don't think that would be as horrific as people make it seem.

18. PeppermintCandy

IMO losing Smith is huge, but it may take even until the trade deadline to see what Morey's plan is.

But at this point

1 and 2: GSW and SAS
    3: LAC
    4 to 6: HOU, MEM, OKC

And I would say there is a pretty big gap between the top 2 and the bottom 3 teams. But as I said, things can change pretty quickly.

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

You lost me at Ric Bucher

20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Yeah I know, like Morey thought adding Ariza, Terry, then later on Brewer would get us to the Conference Finals or something....