1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. do work son

do work son Member

tyreke evans isn't a true 3 and doesn't defend or shoot at ariza's level. tyreke has been at his best running point. this would be a big downgrade for us based on fit.

we'd go after jrue holiday or eric gordon before tyreke evans

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I really hate to quote myself, but I'm gonna do it anyway to make this statement. lol

I think with this lineup below, with one extra back up good C, we would be as deep as any team in the league including the Warriors, Spurs and Cavs.

I think we would win 60 to 65 games with this team with reasonable health, compete for the number 1 spot in the west, and definitely for the Championship if not win it all. Just my opinion though.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Celtics will be acquiring Perry Jones, a second round pick and cash from Oklahoma City. Not really giving up anything. Tax deal for OKC.</p>&mdash; Steve Bulpett (@SteveBHoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/621022796743716864">July 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If OKC is giving away players, along with 2nd round picks just to shed salary, Morey needs to jump right in there and nab DJ Augustin. Solid backup PG at a low cost and doesn't mess with 2016 cap.

4. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

I don't think that Les will take a chance on Lawson now that he earned himself his 2nd DUI of the year... But, I bet Sac would!

Sac In:
    Lawson
    Hou first OR second round pick (IDK what the Rox would be willing or able to give here)

Denver In:
    Jones
    McLemore
    Pig

Houston In:
    Darren Collison

Bev/Collison/Johnson
    Harden/Thornton/Terry?
    Ariza/Brewer/Pap/Dekker/KJ?
    DMo/Smith/Herrel
    Howard/Capela/Dorsey

5. do work son

do work son Member

also remember that KPap and Prig will be the first to be traded, as their contracts are not guaranteed. After October 4th, Pap's contract becomes fully guaranteed and he no longer becomes a real trade asset, as his main value is as a non guaranteed contract.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey should have taken this trade, Perry is playmaking 4 and Morey is a master with 2nd rounders.

7. Dash

Dash Member

yeah, like the thunder are ever going to trade with us again. i think its safe to shut down any possibility that the thunder are going to gift us what well could be the defining factor moving toward our goal of being champs. Augustin ain't coming here.

8. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

I like this trade he's coming back form an injury so value would be low. The pistons just committed long term with R Jackson, traded for steve blake, still have young PG on bench.

anyone else

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Seth Curry is better fit next Harden than Lawson is. And neither play any D, so not a fan of either unless it's on the cheap.

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Will Barton is an UFA ... do you want to do a sign & trade for Barton? :rolleyes:
    You might as well trade 5 Rockets players for Lawson and that isn't going to happen anyway ... http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q9bfgmu

11. rockets06

rockets06 Member

We "need" to bring in a PG of course & I'm all for Mario Chalmers!!

Houston out: Prigioni, Papanikolaou, Jones
    Heat out: Chalmers & 2nd rd pick

Also assuming we re-sign Smith & McDaniels

Beverly/Chalmers/Johnson
    Harden/Thornton/McDaniels
    Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
    D-Mo/Smith/Harrell
    Howard/Capela/Dorsey

12. malakas

malakas Member

not at all. This is ridiculous. You have to run plays for him because he can't do NOTHING else on the court but shoot.

13. Mr Chuck Norris

Chalmers is garbage. there is nothing he really does well at all. I rerfuse to give up Jones or K-Pap for this guy

14. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Miami is deep into taxpayer hell.
    I think you can get Chalmers, for much less (not using the TJ 'asset'):

Chalmers ($4.3M) for Papanikolau (non-guaranteed $4.8M) - straight up trade.

I suspect the Rockets are trying for a better upgrade (like Collison), and currently aren't ready to use KPaps' expiring deal yet.

15. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Houston Out: D-Mo, TJones, Prigz, Dekker, K-Pap and Dorsey
    Houston In: Ryan Anderson, 1st from Den (either DEN/NYK/MEM/CLE) and a Future 1st from Pelicans

New Orleans Out: Future 1st and Jrue Holiday
    New Orleans In: Ty Lawson, Dekker and T-Jones

Denver Out: Future 1st(either DEN/NYK/MEM/CLE), Ty Lawson
    Den In: Holiday, D-Mo, Prigz, K-Pap and Dorsey

Houston get the stretch 4 they have been looking for with an expiring plus 2 future first round picks they can trade for a PG.

Beverly/Terry/Johnson
    Harden/Thornton
    Ariza/Brewer
    Anderson/Smith(resigned)/Herrell
    Howard/Capela

New Orleans gets a little more scary with Lawson and Davis and most likely makes the playoffs plus T-Jones

Denver gets a young PG to replace Lawson and a valuable PF in D-Mo.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

We'd be giving up way too much for picks that, at best, will.be role players on the level of Jones and DMo.

17. CertifiedTroll

Harden already does the same thing for Jet. Seth may be better than Jet was at this point in their careers though. (Minus leadership)

18. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I understand that Chalmers isn't an all-star PG that everyone dreams about but he is a serviceable backup PG that would be better than running a 38yr old Prigioni or a not developed Johnson to play backup PG. I also for one don't think bringing Terry back is a good idea.

19. spankz141

spankz141 Member

True...but I would like to see the Rockets trade the two picks with Rocket's next year pick for a serviceable PG (maybe during the season)

Maybe a sign and trade with KJ and one of the two picks for Rubio or G.Hill

20. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

Houston OUT: T. Jones & K. Papanikolau
    Houston IN: George Hill