1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mprice

Mprice Member

I've always been high on CJ but they are definitely not letting him go anywhere now with there rebuilding. They will be big players in free agency though next summer with all that cap room but the question is will any free agent want to go to Rip city?

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I wonder if we're going to be Ridnour's eventual landing spot...

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Morey will not match the full mle. Offer it and KJ is yours.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Seems like we are in win now mode, as we should be. KJ doesn't fit that premise, send him to Portland or something, I don't care, lol. We have enough dunkers. We need a guard who can run an offense and shoot three's.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He gave KPap 4.7 mil last season. Don't think he will not offer KJ full MLE. As long as he thinks KJ has value and can move him he will have no issue signing him to full MLE if he needs to IMO.

Having said that, I don't think KJ will get a full MLE offer. But as long as DM has the full MLE in his pocket there is no reason for any other team to do his work for him. Which is exactly what any team that offers KJ a 3 million dollar contract would be doing.

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

That's not autocorrect...

7. crash5179

That is very short sighted thinking. KJ could absolutely fit that role. Particularly around the trade deadline when teams with valuable players in the last year of their contract might come available in a trade. KJ could be part of a trade or be a rotation piece on the Rockets in the event Brewer or Ariza were moved in a deal for an expensive player.

The KJ hate by some of you guys is very reminiscent of the Kyle Lowry hate after the Rafer trade.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It is when u slay this much pud

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thanks for the reply and info. These are things I sort of figured but I would have thought they would have found a sign and trade for KJ by now. I like that Smith and Terry are being patient obviously the front office has talked with them and told them about their plans, don't want to lose him while waiting for KJ.

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

My sense on Kmart is that he's always gone to the place where he feels most comfortable (and that's always been with Aldeman). I have nothing to back this up but he doesn't seem to value winning over being comfortable in his role and in relationships that he feels good about. For that reason I don't think he really cares all that much about being on a contender. He'd have a good role here but I don't think he'd want to be here. Just my opinion given what Ive observed about him.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Why is it that some of you guys get such boners for other teams young, athletic players with untapped potential, but want so badly to get rid of our own dudes who match that description?

I'd like to keep KJ.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Craziest thing is how low we value TJ. He's 22 years old! Parsons entered the league at that age. He hasn't been perfect but he's not a lost cause. He's younger than CJ McCollum and has been a bigger part of his respective team. I'd go as far as to say TJ has more value at the moment.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't mean to personally attack you but this sentiment is childish. You think because I don't want to keep KJ Mcdaniels that I "Hate" him? really? Also I loved Lowry being here I was one of the guys who wanted him to start.

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yes with all kinds of outs so he can use him in trade possibilities. Do you think any team will offer a contract with all those outs. If that's the case maybe Morey would sign him to take a looksy for one year. Still probably not. Harrell is a better prospect IMO and if we don't lock him up and get his bird rights than he will be free in two years.

15. crash5179

Nothing childish at all. It is an fact that some of the KJ hate reminds of the Kyle Lowry hate when we traded Rafer for him.

So many here hate the idea of holding on to the MLE to sign KJ. That is not a debate either, just read through this thread. So many hated the idea of trading Rafer for Kyle. I don't know what your stance on that was but it doesn't matter. There was a lot of, "What is Morey Thinking" crap after that trade. Fact.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish we could get PJ Tucker in exchange for Jones/ K-Pap. KJ is talented, but he will take a long time to become a productive player and Houston is not the ideal place for him.

Philly could help him develop, if they chose to give him another chance. Give the Full MLE to Josh Smith and see if he agrees to it. Sign Harrell to a 2 yr contract and bring him off the bench.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

J smoove is more important than kj at this point I would think

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I was in favor of getting rid of Rafer because everytime he went up for a layup I thought my heart would explode. Hating the idea of using the MLE on KJ is different from hating KJ.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No doubt about this.

20. crash5179

IMO, after KJ is signed then there will be plenty of MLE to offer Montrezl Harrell a 3 year deal. IMO, KJ will continue to have trade value all season regardless of playing time. I think only GMs are more sophisticated to just judge a players potential based on the amount of playing time when he is on a team with Brewer, Ariza and Harden. Plus, I definitely think DM thinks KJ has a very bright future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.