1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jordan has no offensive moves, so that is easy to defend and they don't have any playmakers

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Michael Jordan cryptically stated he was making a comeback..........because he sneezed..........

3. malakas

malakas Member

I dont see how anyone can see at the dallas roster and think they will be a contender or someone to be scared of. I think they wont even make the playoffs. And this is coming from somehow that doesnt hate the mavs like most here. Cubans moves are stupid and shortsighted. Phil freaking jackson this offseason has made better moves than him.

Pg of the scrap.
    Matthews with a torn achilles. Amazing potential for albatros conract.
    Parsons. Is he fully healthy even?
    Old dirk. Like him but hes too old.
    Dj. Cant do nothing offensively and without a good pg will be ignored on offence.

The jazz will be better than the mavs if this is their roster this season. Even lowly portland if their young guys take a step forward like leonard and plumplee. The suns could be over them too if they didnt empty their depth.
    The mavs will be lottery.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

I miss cyberx.

5. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Cuban isn't stupid at all, though he really overpaid for Parsons. They had a decent year last year, and thid year will be... less so.

6. malakas

malakas Member

You are stupid when you go after dj without a good pg already on the roster. Esp if you can miss out on him and end up with fat roy. And you are even more stupid to give 4 years to a player with an achilles injury.
    Achilles isnt acl. Its a death sentece esp for olayers who play at the perimeter. Even if matthews come back to play this year he will never be the same again.

7. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

[​IMG]

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Wait, when is the last time Cyberx even posted in this thread?

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

But Malakas don't sleep on the fact that the Mavs won't eventually add a decent PG via trade ect. If I'm the Mavs and can sign DJ I would do it without question, but totally agree with you on Mathews and his achilles injury. Also I don't think DJ will be as effective on the Mavs as he was with the Clippers and Chris Paul, DJs camp better take that into consideration before making a hasty move to Dallas. Chris Paul IMHO is a top 5 player in the league and makes everyone around him much better.

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Ages ago. Maybe this thread should be locked up.:(

11. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I don't know how to post gif's so I will just say "it's happening.gif"

12. malakas

malakas Member

That wouod be an option if they had any trade assets besides justin anderson( who looks promising.)./most free agents pg at this point besides rondo are combo guards who lack the elite vision required and the feel to set up such an as useless offensively big man. The only one i can think is marshall and maybe ish smith. Both very flawed.

Dj camp wont take into consideration because he isnt that bright. And the proof is that he asked the team who signs him to become the first or second option in offence.. His ego makes him blind to his own limitations. Accepting your role and limits is extremely important and a talent in itself. Dj doesnt have that.

13. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

He may not be the perfect fit, but if the Mavs get Jordan, they might be able to convince the Pavers to execute a S&T for Ellis with George Hill coming back to Dallas. That obviously isn't the perfect play maker/distributor, but still a pretty decent option and a good trade target for the Rockets if we whiff on LA.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Sign and trade what? Mavs dont have any assets. The pacers wont trade hill unless real good value comes back and in players not picks. They are still competing not tearing it down. And next year when hibbert is off the books they will go test free agency for their front court and reload.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">By the way if you are a team with room how do you not sniff out PHX for trades. Great trade for DET.</p>&mdash; Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/616696296984805377">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If LaMarcus chooses PHX, I wonder if Houston can get the good Morris in a trade.

16. akeemshook

akeemshook Member

The Mavs didn't need an elite point guard to make Tyson Chandler and Brandon Wright look like highly effencient big men last year. They were 1 2 in FG% till they screwed up and traded for Rondo. Jordan will be more effective than those guys were.

17. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pat Riley's meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge stretched on longer than expected last night, but the Texas teams reportedly remain out front.</p>&mdash; Joseph Goodman (@JoeGoodmanJr) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeGoodmanJr/status/616959725515636736">July 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

LaMarcus seems to be really patient spending time with every team (except for the Knicks, with whom he cancelled a meeting). He even gave the Lakers a 2nd chance.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Just my opinion, but I think this is media manufactured. They liked being able to stretch out the Lebron decision last year, so LMA is accommodating them this year.

20. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Jake Fischer
    ‏@JakeLFischer

The Sacramento Kings will begin discussions with free agents Josh Smith and Lou Williams today, according to league sources.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.