1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: Aldridge to start free agency with Lakers, Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kennysmith, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

SA at 99.5%
    HOU at 0.4%
    PHX at 0.1%

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Suns are clearing cap space

3. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Just like the Rox did last year for Bosh.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

And SA this year

Looks like Suns just cleared ~$8.4M

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Suns have cleared $20M in salary cap space, allowing them to potentially sign LaMarcus Aldridge without the need for a sign-and-trade.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616692263695970304">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

So I'm going to say Houston has a 85 percent chance of landing aldridge but I'll put the Suns at a 95 percent chance and spurs at 98 *❤️**

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Excellent math^

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

some conflicting numbers out there

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Checking the numbers again, the Suns still have work to do to for Aldridge slot. Today's trade dumps $8.4m in salary though.</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/616694554813558784">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

100% chance he signs with Real Madrid. The offseason(media) is comical.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Those numbers add up perfectly for us.

[​IMG]

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Why does Aldridge want to go to the Suns? I do not think the Suns will get him.

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

If he chose the Spurs, I would think a lot of that would be him trusting the Spurs organization to find and put the pieces together to form a championship squad. Green/Leonard/Aldridge isn't enough to win a championship, but it is the start of a solid core that would be together for the next 4 years.

Listen, I very strongly dislike the Spurs. I don't like their fans. I hate the "Go Spurs Go" slogan (I'm not even sure why I dislike that as much as I do). I dislike how boring and un-animated Tim Duncan. I hate that every time Duncan gets a foul called on him he holds his hands up and looks left and right with this look of disbelief on his face. I hate the way that I looks at the Spurs roster most years and I usually don't know who half their players are but they still remain a good and deep team. But most of all, I hate how successful they have been for the past 15 years.

None of us know what LMA is thinking. To me, Houston's roster is clearly better than San Antonio's and we have a legitimate great Center for him to play with instead of the 2 PF lineup that it looks like SAS would have to use. If he wants to win a championship, and put himself in the best situation to possibly even compete for multiple championships, the choice should clearly be Houston IMO. But I don't think we can insult San Antonio or say that it would be a bad basketball move or anything like that either. Even though I dislike the Spurs so much, I still have to admit that they have been a consistently great team for a long time.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This would be straight out of left field simply because nobody ever mentions us getting LMA.

Objectively I think we are the best choice because he'll get all the post isos and the pick and pop options he wants with Dwight simply being a glass cleaner and a defensive C.

I'm already conditioned for disappointment.
    Even if we do get him, how do we pay him without gutting our entire team? Lol.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Lakers will get a second meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge today in Los Angeles, league source tells Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616698127882391552">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

I don't know what to think anymore. I think the media is being trolled hard.

15. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

LOL. What's LMA's (or his agent's) deal.

Kinda feel like Dwight's free agency, where they made sure to please damn near every single fan base in the process.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1qEsTXVj57M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

This is pure speculation on my part, but I have to think that the Spurs' chances are falling?

They lost Tiago Splitter. They just lost Aron Baynes. Even if they did sign LMA, who are they going to play at Center? Duncan? Diaw? Ayres? That rookie that they just drafted?

We know that Aldridge doesn't want to be forced to play Center. The Spurs don't have a legitimate rim protector or rebounding beast to pair with Aldridge. 39 year old Duncan? 6'9 Diaw? 6'9 Ayres?

17. MystikArkitect

Got sucked up into this whole deal again.

Checking out, if we get him fine if not fine. We went to the WCF. This pony show every year gets tiring.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm thinking that too. If the Spurs were so close to a lock as everyone thought 24 hours ago, wouldn't Aldridge have decided already? Every moment this drags on only makes San Antonio's situation worse as their free agents(and they have a ton of them) sign elsewhere.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

funny

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings: LaMarcus Aldridge has cancelled his meeting with the Knicks today, per source.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/616703430325702656">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

20. RyanB

RyanB Member

LMA is playing the 2014 offseason Bosh game
    book it