1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Rockets we love and hate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HouStu_Rocket, Jun 6, 2015.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Hate: Derek Fisher

2. houseofglass21

Hate: Jon Barry

3. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Yeah. I miss the crap out of Courtney Lee. I feel like he is a good fit for pretty much every team

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

only one Pippen mention?

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Pippen was actually before my time. What made Houston fans hate him? Was it simply because he was an a**hole on a winning team (like Derek Fisher)? Or did he do something specially with the Rockets organization.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I love that show and was pretty excited to see a McGrady/Rockets shirt when I watched it

8. AB423

AB423 Member

Liked Artest when he was on the Rockets.. everywhere else, not so much.

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Patpat!! Never did understand why he was let go. Still hoping he be back.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Poor rebounding, average defense, and more importantly to create room to get Dwight Howard.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I like these former Rockets that contributed significantly towards winning championships:

Hakeem Olajuwon
    Robert Horry
    Clyde Drexler
    Sam Casell
    Mario Elie
    Carl Harerra
    Thorpe
    Maxwell

Kenny Smith (removed him from like to neutral list because I dislike him on TNT show. Tries too hard to sound smart and ends up sounding like a moron generally).

I also like these former Rockets because of either their contributions on the floor/contribution to winning:

Ron Artest
    Luis Scola (Would have liked him more him not for his excessive flopping)
    Chuck Hayes

I dislike these former Rockets (reasons stated):

Scottie Pippen - Rockets gave him the best contract of his life and he flopped within one playoff series. Scottie Pippen was the guy Kobe Bryant raped multiple times in the first round before he got caught with that girl in Colorado. After getting raped, Pippen, instead of pressing charges against Bryant, decided to use Mobley as a scapegoat. Simply despicable.

Juwan Howard - He was one of the biggest reasons Tracy/Yao era was a flop. A soft-cant-stop-anyone-cant-rebound player masquerading around as a power forward. His biggest contribution as a Houston Rockets was not spreading herpes around in Houston to the point that it turned to be epidemic.

Mo Taylor - If Juwan Howard was a movie, Mo Taylor would be the prequel with slightly better CGI but with plenty of weed scenes.

Tracy McGrady - Lose. Whine. Cry. Throw teammates under the bus. Rinse and repeat. Record 7 cycles completed.

Jeremy Lin - Overpriced signing. Incredibly frustrating player if he is playing for your team. Deer in headlight look in playoffs. Biggest contributor for first round exit. Passive aggressive self-righteous twitter feeds to mobilize his r****ded fan base. Brings the worst and dumbest fan base in all of sports along with him where ever he goes. The worst part of it all is that he encourages them.

Royce White - Total douchebag. Single biggest promoter of twitter. His biggest contract should come from twitter, not from some NBA team. Having said that, this one is borderline because I blame the Rockets management as much as I blame him. Rockets simply did not do their homework regarding Royce White

Derek Fisher - I hate the fact that this slimeball was a Houston Rocket even though he did not play a single minute for the team. The only player I would actually hope sucked and got run over by a truck even while wearing a Rockets jersey. When he dies, may he be buried along side all the Lin fans.

The rest I am pretty much neutral about. Dont like or dislike.

#31 Zboy, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  12. calcium

calcium Member

Yup. Jon Barry. I get the impression he hates the Rockets back too,
    with a passion.

Dont know why though.

13. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Battier.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Now that's a response. Good work sir

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Hate is a strong word.... Royce, Pippen and Fisher qualify...

smh dislike: Parsons, Cato, Mo, Barkley, John Lucas, Raefer, TMac

always b near n dear: JVG, Sura, Artest, Yao, Scola, Chuck, Moses, Rudy and all the championship players....

16. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

This is the guy I was waiting for. Love Battier despite finding his way to El Heat. Future POTUS.

Also totally love Artesticles and Von Wafer. Many happy memories with those two.

17. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

Hate: Parsons, Royce White, Kelvin Cato

Love: Moochie, Cuttino, Francis, TMac, Yao

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hate Scottie Pippen, before he joined the Rockets, when he was with the Rockets, and especially after he left the Rockets.

19. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

How could you not include motumbo or Yao in your like list, that's just a disgrace man, disgrace

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just pippen