1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So...we should trade with the Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Jun 5, 2015.

1. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

... (sorry, misread)

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Trade for Melo...

3. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

That honestly wouldn't be terrible. The dude is a chemistry killer but so hard to stop offensive and with an excellent post game...he more than likely commands double teams which means we would have 3 players who command double teams.

4. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I wanna see Westbrook on the Knicks without 'Melo. Westbrook playing in the Garden would be so fun

5. rockets13champs

That would give the knicks a starting lineup

6. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

Lets discuss:

Capella + 18 + 32 = #5 to #7 in this draft. (Personally I think that's giving up too much anyway) So you are giving up TJones and next year's draft to move up 1 or, at most, 3 spots? And you think we need to sell the Knicks on this deal? :eek:

TeH MoreyZ has taken this roster to where it is now by turning nickels in to dimes, and then turning 2 dimes into a quarter, etc etc.

After that initial phase of roster construction TeH MoreyZ has excelled at trading for Harden, luring Dwight, replacing Parsons with Ariza, and filling out the roster on the margin with guys like Smith and Brewer.

Why-o-why would you think he would suddenly be in the game of trading quarters for something which might be a dime, might be a quarter, or might be a dollar? That's not TeH MoreyZ MO unless his hand is forced via hybrid salary cap/roster construction issues (ala Lin, Asik deals).

Just. Don't. And if you are going to suggest a trade offer which gives up on a guy you, yourself, called a future "stud", you may want it to be for someone who can help us win a championship next year.

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

No way Knicks do that.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They aren't giving up the #4 pick unless we give them Harden

9. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

How about no way the Rockets do that! Can I get a witness? Geebus!

You'd think TJ and CCap are both guys who have maxed out their potential with the way everyone is focusing on the Knicks rejecting OP's offer.

TJ+CCap are, combined, 7 years older than JET. Com-bined. Capella would be a top 8 pick in this draft (he thought to himself silently, afraid to type it out.) W. T. F. @ first I was like "lulZ, ZoMG OP hahaha" now I'm like "lulZ, ZoMG Everyone hahaha". SMH.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

This is my least favorite part of the year, the time between when we get bounced from the playoffs and when the draft takes place. CF is always filled with foolproof ideas about how we can give up 75% of our team in return for a high draft pick that may or may not pan out anyway.

11. AKVerse47

AKVerse47 Member

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I wouldnt want to give up all that for #4.... I'd consider it for Lowry.... but not for some crapshoot draft pick.... let the knicks hang their hopes on a draft pick that will more than likely be below expectations (statement based on playing the odds - not an assessment of any player to be drafted..)

DM doesnt SPEND lottery picks - he trades for the player later for pennies on the dollar. ;)

13. Play07

Play07 Member

14. edward nigma

edward nigma Member

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HELL NO !

DD

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I don't think that the Knicks would seriously consider that offer.

17. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I'd only consider one of those players to actually have been a real positive asset for the playoffs and that was playing Capela a handful of minutes behind Dwight. Jones' production is pretty easily replaced with a #5 rotation big.

I would do that deal in a second, although I would love to keep #32 in that scenario and I would definitely ideal get Russell with that #4 pick.

Do this, take Russell, resign Bev, resign Smith with his raise, resign McDaniel and the draft pick with the MLE (probably leaving enough to essentially add up to the BAE, for a mid season signing like we got with Smith) and then add a veteran backup 4/5 for the minimum.

I don't think the Knicks would entertain that deal, but I think it would be fantastic for the Rockets to be able to win now and prepare for the future.

18. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

No way the Knicks do that deal. You don't get many chances at a star so when you get a pick that high you either use it or get an established star for it (See: Wiggins-->Love).

19. YaoMayne

YaoMayne Member

If you wanna trade for anyone on the knicks trade for Galloway or Hardway Jr. Everything else essentially is trash (And yes im also reffering to Carmelo Anthony)

20. Play07

Play07 Member

---KNICKS----
    it can go both ways melo & bledsoe are both under contract for 4 more yrs.

knicks are trying to make the playoffs right now and get melo help after that embarrassing season

#4 pick isn't guaranteed to be a star.

they can have bledsoe & melo locked down which will make them a more attractive location for a 3rd star which they will have cap for.

& still have a #13 pick to drag or trade later.

---SUNS---

well they've saw what bledsoe can give them, hard to make playoffs in west. morris brother problems etc.. so suns may be ready to rebuild, they can take their risk getting the #4 pick and hoping he becomes a star in a few yrs. big name free agents will not be going to the suns.

--------------------

if I'm knicks I do the trade if suns want to