1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy T. TV analyst?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buckaroo, Aug 1, 2003.

1. buckaroo

buckaroo Contributing Member

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

You know I love Rudy, but I can't imagine that voice doing sports analysis.

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If PJ could do it, I guess Rudy can, too. At least Rudy wout not look like he was in pain the whole time he talks, like PJ does.

4. DCkid

Heh, true. Although I remembering hearing many complaints from people having to listen to PJ.

5. mrgoubople1

mrgoubople1 Member

has his voice always been liike that?

6. DCkid

According to <b>The Punch</b>, it changed somewhat after the incident.

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

I read The Punch and I didn't realize that incident caused his voice problems.

I always thought it was his 2 pack a day habit.

Rudy doesn't strike me as an analyst. Not that he couldn't do it. I just don't see him in that role for some reason.

8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's painful enough listening to Rudy on radio interviews. I love the guy but I don't think an analyst job is right for him. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Rudy taking over as GM for the Rockets.

9. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Rudy has a unique voice. It was meant to be heard...The TV analyst job would be a great addition to Rudy T's resume.

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Some obscure rookie makes a boneheaded play at the end of a game that costs his team the win:

Rudy: "Well, I think that was a great attempt by Williams. He is a great, great, player with great, great potential. He set up such a terrific play, it just was off a little. But even so, his tremendous abilities will lead him to a wonderful, fruitful career in this league. He's just a great player."

11. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I think a lot of people here are basing otheir opinion on Rudy's radio and TV interviews as a head coach and are using those to judge whether he'd be any good as an analyst.

Rudy's not just well-liked around the league because he's a nice guy, he has a good sense of humor and for a guy with a very aggressive, competitive nature, his personality is laid-back and there's a certain personal charm to him.

I don't see him wanting to do TV, but I think he'd be quite good at it.

12. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

i just saw him here in nyc. maybe he was interviewing? i started a thread but no one cared.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

i don't even care if he'd be well recieved by the public. i just hope he does it because i'd love it. i'd love hearing what he has to say, particulary about rockets games.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I am a huge Rudy-man, but this is a reasonable post.

Rudy will be back coaching in the Association next season, if he chooses. He and Carlisle and possibly Karl will be the hot names next summer for all the openings.

Rudy rejoins Patterson in Portland if Mo Cheeks wants out? It would make sense to me, and I'd root root root for the Blazers every single game (that they weren't playing the Rox, of course).

15. OT

OT Member

I love Rudy and he can do a lot of things but, I don't think he is cut out for that. His voice for one, he talks too slow too and he can't bring himself to say anything negative about someone.

16. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Rudy is the type of guy who will be successfull at whatever he does.

17. verse

verse Contributing Member

any man that yells out "KAPAAYAAAAAA!" would make an entertaining color man/analyst.

18. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And, uuuh...you know, the thing is, there's the defense thing and the, uuuh, young teams, they need to learn the thing is, defense wins championships, you know, mmm. You have to put the ball in the basket. Heart of a champion. ON that play, that player, Love the heart. Got to execute. Youth. Kapaya.

19. WLH

WLH Member

So his health is good, huh? I got great tremendous respect for the guy, and hope he does well at whatever and would love to see him on t.v. I would hate to see him with another team, he was a player when I became a fan. Anybody read " A Rocket at Heart"?

20. edc

edc Contributing Member

I think post-Phil the Lakers job is his if he wants it. Hopefully the Rockets will get a top-level coach (or JVG will prove me wrong), and there can be some interesting rivalries.

Long term, I think he goes back to his original home and takes over in Detroit after Larry Brown gives up the ghost for good.