1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Hated Playoff Opponent so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CompaqC, May 27, 2015.

?

Most Hated 2015 Playoff Opponent so Far?

1. Dallas Mavericks

93 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Los Angeles Clippers

60 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Golden State Warriors

121 vote(s)
    44.2%
  1. dawesome

dawesome Member

Warriors..!! I have forgiven Mavs and Clips already since we beat them..

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

Utah Jazz
    Seatle Super Sonic

And I don't hate the Mavs , they are my favorite D-Leage team

3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Was going to pick the Mavs but once we started playing the Warriors I truly found out how much I ****ing hate those douchebags especially Draymond Green. Their fans are just as bad as Mavs fans. At least Mavs fans can be funny (case and point Captain Jackass)

4. nemac

nemac Member

Clippers, because they were cocky enough to start talking about getting some rest before they had even beat the Rockets.

5. JazzLakerHater

I'm not going to lie, I just felt sorry for the Mavs as that series went on. When we put on that dunk contest in game 2, it was so obvious they were just overmatched. Add in the Parsons injury and the Rondo drama, that series was never in doubt.

6. ibm

ibm Member

this. post of the day.

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Warriors. Because they have not been managed well enough to be elite. Seems lucky to me.

8. MistaK

MistaK Member

Before the Playoffs I would have said Clippers, because of all the flopping and whining they do. I have to say that I've somewhat gained some respect for them. They didn't complain all that much and even cut down on the flopping. Now they'd be number 3 on my list of the teams we faced.

The Warriors would still rank second, although this might change any game now. I just feel like they can get away with a lot on the floor and it is getting annoying. This is not really their fault, but the media love they get is annoying too - but embrace the role of the underdog and keep fighting Rockets.

Most hated would be the Mavs. One reason is just the history between the Rockets and Mavs. Dirk's and JJ's flopping all over the court is another factor and strangely they were the team that was constantly whining about pretty much every call that went against them.

9. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

Spot on! exactly ho I feel!

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I never quite felt sorry for Dallas, but I also felt almost no animosity towards them. Maybe Tyson Chandler a little bit since he was trying to get overly physical with Dwight, but that's about it. How can you hate on a team that poses no threat to you in the playoffs, has their point guard quit on them a game and a half into the series, and loses their starting small forward(and eventually his backup) after one game?

I'm also one of the few who felt no real hatred toward the Clippers aside from Matt Barnes. I gained a lot of respect for them after the way they came back to beat the Spurs(and begrudgingly for the way they smoked an uninspired Rockets team in Game 1). And the truth is, their penchant for flopping and b-tching to the refs never became that big of an issue in the series except for briefly after Game 2 with their complaints about the free throw disparity. I was probably much angrier at the Rockets for their play through the first 4 games than I ever was at the Clippers.

Now the Warriors, that's another matter entirely. They're a terrific team, but their arrogant demeanor, their dirty frontcourt tandem of Bogut and Green, their luck in avoiding any serious injuries all season long, and the media's embarrassing obsession with Curry makes them very easy to loathe. I realize the odds are extremely slim, but how awesome would it be for the Rockets to complete the historic comeback and watch the Warriors, their fans, and the groupies on ESPN all go into an epic meltdown?

1 person likes this.
  11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The answer is always Utah

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I hated them back in the day also but I at least respected them. Not too much respect for Dallas but I have to go with Clippers especially after Barnes said something to the mans mom. CLIPPERS then Mavs a close second.

13. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I think the Mavericks ego was frustrating. Hearing from their tone that the Houston Rockets were their equal or slightly worse. Cubans riff with Morey was frustrating. The constant jabs at the Rockets by the Mavs.

i can see the Clippers or Warriors feeling superior talent wise, but the Mavs were lucky to make the playoffs.

Seriously it sounded like the Mavericks still think they have Houstons number. After 15 long years of the Mavs having a huge edge, it appears Houston has the advantage now.

1 person likes this.
  14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

mavs. i got over my hate for the mavs years ago but its back. mainly cuz of dirk, jj and chandler. i lost all my respect for tyson. as a defensive center, he's supposed to expect most centers to be "too physical" since he himself is a skinny center. he did so much cheap ass bs in that series its disgusting to watch from a player like him

jj and dirk flopping all over dwight was crap too.
    and of course there's cuban

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

OP can you put all of the above as the 4th option.

I can't stand neither one of those teams.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

17. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

The Warriors by Far and it's not just because we are currently playing them. I told myself that even if the Clippers did beat us, I would be rooting for the Clippers to take down the media darlings. I've just never seen a team so beloved in the NBA without ever having won anything before hand. It's completely sick and ridiculous. It goes from cover Curry's practices, his pre game warm ups, etc. Everything is just Warriors, warriors, warriors.

Dallas has become irrelevant, I haven't truly hated them since Jason Terry left. JET was what fueled my hatred for the Mavs but now since he's with us they are more irrelevant to me.

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Warriors easily

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I don't remember if Jordan even got this kind of coverage as Curry is getting. Did they cover his warm up for 30 minutes prior to games and make breaking news headlines about stuff he did in Practice??

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't remember any of that. Jordan and the Bulls certainly got an endless amount of coverage in the press and almost all of it was of the ass-kissing variety. But at least most of that was warranted once the Bulls won their first title in '91.

If the media treated the Warriors next season the way they're doing now AFTER they've won a title, I'd be fine with that. It's still over-the-top and embarrassing at times, but at least we'd be talking about the defending champs. Right now, they still haven't even made the NBA Finals yet much less won the whole thing.