1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At what point do you boo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, May 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You absolutely do not Boo your team in the Conference Finals.

Regardless of how they play at this point you tip your hat to them and recognize the incredible season they just had and the tremendous effort it took for them to get to where they are.

Booing is ok for the regular season (if they are just not giving effort) but definitely not when the team is in the Conference Finals.

1 person likes this.
  2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If the Rockets lose by 50 tomorrow night the team still needs a standing ovation at the end of the game for what was a great great season. Show some love for a team that was better than 28 other teams this season.

1 person likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The frustration about this team is you really don't know how talented they are. Sometimes they play brilliantly and sometimes they play so poorly.

So when they play brilliantly, you don't know if it's because they are talented or they are just overachieving. When they play poorly, you don't know if they are just not good enough of if just mailing it in.

If they have the talent to get to the WCF but just let teams blow them out time after time, then they deserved to be booed, doesn't matter if they reach the WCF. But if they overachieved to get to where they are, then we should cheer for them no matter what.

The 2009 team was easy to root for because we knew they were not talented enough to do what they did. This team, I just shake my head and don't know what to make of them.

4. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Funny though I remember a lot of people on the forum not giving the gsw their due before this series and saying they went thru easy teams to get to the wcf.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Never, but leaving or not going is acceptable.

DD

6. malakas

malakas Member

Errr.. I don't know about you, but I never would boo my own team and don't find it acceptable under any circumstance. I would just leave if it came to that.
    But then again I would never pay a small fortune of 700euros to go watch a basketball game, maybe if I did I would boo.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't boo my team. But that's me. I wouldn't boo them in any situation at any point. I don't believe in that kind of stuff.

You cheer or don't cheer. But that's me.

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I have no problem with fans booing a team with effort issues. Earlier in the playoffs when the team quit a few times against the Clippers, I expressed that this team and teams with effort issues in general can be hard to root for. This team at times has too much quit in them. The Warriors are definitely the better team, but to quit and not even compete? The flaws are becoming very pronounced in this series. The team ultimately is not talented enough to deal with this Warriors team but they appear not to be mentally tough enough as well. They survived the Clippers because they have some of the same flaws as Houston (lack of mental toughness, personnel issues, etc.) I felt the Warriors were the only team left in the playoffs the Rox couldn't beat in a series but I expected a more competitive series than this. Very disappointing.

9. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

It is never OK to boo failure.

It *is* OK, and frankly obligatory, to boo quit.

The Rockets were beyond quit last night. They never even showed up. RGV could have acquitted themselves better. They'll be back, and I'm still a fan, but come on. This isn't FFF Soccer.

BOO!!!

10. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

I didn't see them quit. Almost everyone on the team (except Dwight) played horrible. They were trying to make a run in the third but then Kerr called a timeout and stopped the momentum. (Wish our coach would have done that in the first two games). Effort was there but no execution.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

They made it farther than I thought they would this season so they didn't get any boos from me. I did leave early though.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What point do you boo your team in the WCF? The point you acknowledge being an awful fan....an awful fan that doesn't realize that a team down 2 starters probably shouldn't be able to make it to the finals.

1 person likes this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

when player quit on the team

when the 6' 11", 260-lb, D Howard was blocked-out by the 160 lb Stephen Curry, who grabbed an on-handed rebound​

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So boo if you feel like it and everyone can view you as a bad fan for it if they feel like it.

Everyone wins.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The 6'11, 260-lb Dwight Howard was about the only Rocket who showed up for most of the game.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It really isn't Dwight's fault there on the Curry offensive rebound.
    1) Curry made a great play.
    2) Rockets guards didn't block out Curry. It's not Dwight's job to block out a PG.

17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Don't be a bandwagon fan. Last year reach playoffs. This year reach finals. Next year championship. They were ragged with injuries. If you can't see the accomplishments the team has made then I don't call you a fan. The ceiling on this team is extremely high. We have so many options and prospects to keep this team contending for years to come. Look at the Knicks. They were pressured into "all-in" decisions that ultimately lead to their collapse. How much fun is that?

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

If you really think that Dwight Howard was the one who quit on this team, then you're gravely mistaken. Dwight gave it his all. Sure he didn't hit his FTs, but he played with heart. He took over when he realized no one else on the team was going to contribute. We are very lucky to have him on this team.

Regardless, Steph was able to body him because Dwight had no idea Steph was there. If you're looking up at the ball, and all of the sudden someone comes from underneath and boxes you out, you will move back. As far as how he grabbed it one-handed, I have no idea how you can blame Dwight for that.

Ungrateful.

19. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

Completely agree

20. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I think boo'ing is each fans right. Some fans get emotionally involved in this teams performance. You can not passionately support a team without some emotional investment. When emotions are involved and the entity you are supporting hurts you then you have a right to communicate it however is possible. It's not like you can take em out for a beer and hash out your issues. So boo'ing is a viable option. To say someone isn't a fan if they boo is horse****. In fact some of them may be more of a fan as that boo has some emotional pain behind it