1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the trolling end?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 17, 2015.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The troll job is as follows:

Certain fans created a preconceived narrative that morey was making terrible team building decisions, Mchale was a bad coach and that harden was a fake superstar. From there, they danced on the grave every time things went wrong, reveling in fact that they were right about morey's rockets being a failure.

Even now, Carl won't call the rockets a contender.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

cheke64, thefreak, hotballa, hakeemthagreat, lospolloshermanos, et all the Morey haters should all eat their crow. I think lph may have already done so, to his credit.

ftwrocketsftw, sf3isback!!!, and a few others of the anti-McHale crowd should just admit that McHale has done a good job and let it go.

Carl Herrera just hates Harden too much and is still mad at Morey for trading away patpat.

tinman continues to litter the GARM endlessly, making subtle jabs at T-Mac and Lin whenever he possibly can.

Even J.R. had become malcontent and started trolling on and off.

Then people like swyguyyy try to counter-troll tinman. That adds on to everything.

I've made a few troll threads myself and contributed to the bickering.

So no, likely the trolling will never end.

3. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

You are such bad poster sometimes

"clips are just a much better team" x20

4. OpportunityCost

I still think McHale lacks in the coaching department, but, Morey has done a great job of assembling talent, and I believe that talent(apparently) at times can overcome McHale's deficiencies.

5. OpportunityCost

Morey is a great GM as far assembling talented players. McHale is not a good coach. Harden is a superstar.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Even if the Rockets lose to the Warriors, this season has been a tremendous success. Consider where the Rockets were after not matching Parsons and Bosh leaving them at the alter... Then not getting Dragic at the deadline.... Howard feared to be finished... Bev out, DMO out, Jones out....

The Rockets have made major material steps forward, so even with a loss to GS there shouldn't be too much doom and gloom.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I love it. If I was harden and I won a ring this year I would publicaly tell espn to "suck a dick"

8. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets had the third best record in the NBA in the regular season and are one of only 4 teams left in the entire playoffs. They are fighting in the ultra competitive WC without 40% of their starting line up. They have gotten as far as those Derrick Rose led Bulls teams you gushed over the last 4-5 years.

The Rockets by getting this far have already proven they are a true contender.

What teams left would beat the Rockets? GS? Probably ...... CLEVELAND? I don't think so... ATL? I don't think so. SO ONE TEAM??? MAYBE 2 out of the entire league? That makes you a contender!

Just give it some thought. A week ago you were pouting that the Clippers were just too talented for the Rockets... And the Rockets responded by winning three straights, by an average of 13 points and won game 7 from wire to wire.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is no trolling only difference of opinion, though everyone here is a Rox fan.

Clearly most people here care about the Rox.....we just need thicker skin and let people root and cheer for their team in their own way.

Whining about us whiners is counter productive.

DD

1 person likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit I was wrong about McHale. He has motivated them to great heights, and his gutsy move to start Josh, and then to play the 4th quarter without Harden were excellent decisions. He isn't the best X's and O's guy by any means, but he has experimented with many line ups, and they are working.

He deserves a lot of credit.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I admit that I wrote them off after Game 4. But then if people are honest, I'd say 99% of Rockets fans wrote them off too.

I've been a McHale critic but never thought that he was the primary reason for our failure in the past couple of seasons. I felt that our players weren't as committed to winning as they should, especially Harden and Howard.

I still think Harden has not stepped up to carry the team when we needed him most. Most of the heroic in the Clippers series was done by the role players. We won't have a chance against GSW if he doesn't switch to another gear.

I also criticized Morey's revolving door roster, sacrificing team stability for the elusive third star. He lucked out with Josh Smith and it probably saved the playoffs for us. Corey Brewer is a good pick up. Ariza too. In a way, Cuban actually helped us by snatching Parsons. Prigioni had one good game. So I wouldn't put too much stock on that deal. I'd still blame him for not taking care of the PG position.

We'll see how Moreyball works out in the long term.

What I hope to see in the GARM is a free debate on things without resorting to labeling who's a true fan or not.

1 person likes this.
  12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Trolls are only silenced by rings.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That isn't true.

I can disagree with plenty of posters here without feel like they are trolls.

However, when posters just can't wait to dance on the graves of this team or members of the management when adversity comes, can't wait to rub it in the face of people on this forum that they were right all along, etc. they are trolling.

14. a711

a711 Member

DD loves to troll

15. Mathfew

Mathfew New Member

No it won't. The anti section have excuses of why the Rockets are here. They can't give credit where it's due. At the end of the day, the fact that the Rockets are in the WC Finals is the last laugh. This team is a huge underdog vs. The Warriors. Which is fine. They are playing with house money.

16. monster

monster Member

It sucks but complaining about it over and over makes us look weak. Just win games. The rest will follow.

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

really ? that's it ? that's all u got ?....really ?

sorry 4 u

18. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

You don't really believe that do you? There's definite trolling around here. There's a difference between stating an opinion and screaming fire in a packed theater. One is made with an intention and room for debate while the other is purely malicious.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I don't think they are trolls, just jaded Rockets fans who are negative as a defense mechanism to the inevitable letdown they are use to getting.

But its funny to see them thinking that their takes are as relevant as the people inside the team when really they're just the typical couch potato fan.

1 person likes this.