1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Thank You ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, May 17, 2015.

1. ibm

ibm Member

gsw in 5?

haha, ok...

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Rockets were better than the Grizz regular season and that Grizz team gave the Warriors trouble and this Rockets team is much better than that Grizz team

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Actually he's the best defensive center in the league. If the refs don't allow Bogut to grab and hold Luke he usually does, DWIGHT will punk him badly.

Besides, whose side are you on?

4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Turned into Sportscentrr on ESPNNews right after the game to see the press conferences; they lead with "Let's talk about one of the biggest collapses in history" and then Coachman, when discussing the Rockets titles, had to throw in that they were won "while Jordan was playing baseball." This was within the first five minutes.

Turned it off at that point

5. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

And if you watch the games, you would know that the only way bigs can hurt GSW is if they had any semblance of offense. Dwight? Still devoid of any range or post ability.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

don't forget we didn't have smith, brewer and jones as well.

is Bev coming back?

7. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I'm at the point where I really don't care what ESPN thinks.
    I'm sick of being disappointed 'waiting' for some commentary and when there finally is, it's so disrespectful and 1 sided (MOST of the time).

I actually couldn't believe Barkley picked us for the series win over the Clippers.

8. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Yeah I think Ariza can lock up Klay pretty well. Steph will likely go off no matter who guards him but if we play him straight up and focus on shutting out the role players like the Clippers series we have a great chance. Jordan was the toughest matchup for Dwight left in these playoffs and I fully expect playoff Dwight to dominate the paint. Bogut's cheap shot game is nice but I don't think they can be as physical as the Clippers. I really feel like Rockets can take this in 6 but they may lose game 1 with such a quick turnaround.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Again, whose side are you on? I'll bet you'll be thrilled if GS wins a game or two so you can troll hard here at CF. I'm sorry we disappointed you by beating the vastly superior Clippers.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Scalabrine">@Scalabrine</a> I been drinking H8ERADE on <a href="https://twitter.com/rockets">@Rockets</a> all year and they proved my wrong once again....<a href="https://twitter.com/warriors">@warriors</a> in 4</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/600104200068935681">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

He's not even worth a reply. Just ignore dumb posters. I know there are a lot of them on here, so it's tough.

12. macho87

macho87 Member

Who names their kid after a stripper

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Another LOF still butthurt. Poor guy.

14. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

He's better than Joey Dorsey who they beat when they played us.

15. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Holy crap, dude. Damn the hate the Rockets get, lol. Can you find what is wrong with this tweet?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a> will face off vs the Warriors in their first conference finals appearance since 1997. <a href="http://t.co/5dPRv5tiA1">pic.twitter.com/5dPRv5tiA1</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/600090141089214464">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

And when was the last time GSW were in the conference finals?

If/when the Rockets beat the Warriors, they WILL beat whoever comes out of the east.

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Lol...the national pundits are mad as hell the Rox are still playing. They can't bring themselves to give the Rox much credit at all. This could blow up in all of their faces. I could see their darlings the Warriors crumbling under all the high expectations and pressure. We'll see.

17. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Dead on man. You have to think that the Warriors might come out feeling really confident given all the crap that is spoonfed them by the media. The constant reminder of the regular season series, the apparent FACT that the Clippers blew this series way more than the Rockets won it, etc. ESPN is a constant Steph Curry fellatio session.

1 person likes this.
  18. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

And ANOTHER <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Warriors swept Rockets in regular season 4-0

Teams to sweep 4-0 in the regular season and then meet in any round have a 55-6 series record.</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/600107311940534272">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

Well, atleast we have another impossible stat we can beat :)

19. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Jon Barry's head exploded

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You can't get mad at ESPN for referencing the regular season record and then reference a regular season defensive stat.