1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jon Barry is a piece of crap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, May 15, 2015.

1. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Wasnt that a game 7 at home?

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I even went to a playoff game with this turd. I can't believe I once liked this guy as a Rocket. He is one of those characters you just want to slap in the mouth, if you were the slapping in the mouth kind.

3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have got to be joking. I've defended Hubie Brown. I've never heard a more biased, anti-Rockets announcer than Barry. It's so ****ing obvious.

4. Buck Turgidson

It's truly rare to find someone who is so very proud of being so incredibly wrong about so many things.

2 people like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ESPN has got to realize that they have no great calls in that game. That game is historical, and their announcers had no good lines or anything worthy of replying in future years. Just stunning if they don't realize how bad they as a sports broadcasting company screwed up. They will have to overlay audio from the Rockets radio feed to show that fourth quarter in future highlights.

6. CoolGui

CoolGui Member

He really was awful. And I don't like Mike Tirico much either, but for different reasons. But it wasn't really just Jon Barry. I have been watching ESPN for a few hours leading up to the game (they always have it on in the gym). It's been Clippers all the way. They even had this feature story about Chris Paul writing a kid's dead Mom's initials on his shoes. It was a fine story, nothing wrong with it, but it just added onto to the bombardment of clippers BS they were shoveling. I guess they want LA to win even if it's the Lakers. I'm disgusted by that whole thing. But the win offsets it at least. :grin:

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Just glad everyone else noticed it... That and the fact that his tears are so envigorating after such a tasty win. And it was both of them, rockets do somethg good, either spun it negative or made a blah comment. Clips do something good, emphatic responses. Was really hard to listen to.

Amazing, but seems the whole world wanted the clips to close. Just saw top ten on sportscenter and they show clippers replay griffin dunk twice, one of which complaining there was no foul called (like they didn't get their share or something) and even commented on having no rockets replay in the top ten.

Suck it, haters.

#67 CrazyDave, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

So glad he was shut up at the end of the broadcast.

9. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I thought the commentary for this game was AWFUL (Barry was obviously on the Clippers side, Brown was leaning that way too), but i feel like its a trade-off, because i absolutely HATE TNT's camera operators. They cut to bad angles way too often, cut away during free throws, and at the start of quarters minimize the game screen to show the coach interview (alternatively, ESPN just lays the coach audio over the game which is much better).

i really just wish that Root Sports was showing the games in this series too. While they are a bit too homer-ish, i overall prefer them too the national broadcasts

ideally, next game we get ESPN but with different commentators that aren't completely biased

1 person likes this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

THAT'S claasic! props to Brent for the comeback... lol

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe a gambling problem?

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I don't see why they have him on there, except for him being white and looking sort of like an average guy. He only makes negative comments.

13. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Anyone notice during the Rockets run in the 4th, Jon Barry barely spoke after each made basket for the Rockets? All he did was giggle a couple of times. F***ing hack.

14. heypartner

Also, that was really cute and obvious of Barry when he kept saying that our biggest deficit was 17 pts and not 19 pts. He said it like 5 times and even asked his partner. "That's what you said right, 89-72."

No dude, it was 19. Everyone knows that except you.

15. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

What was going on with Barry and the Clippers was softcore p*rn

16. heypartner

And ESPN will pay for that when they realize in future years that they have no audio worthy of a NBA historical moment. As they try to create montages, and other channels like ABC do as well, for historical footage of comeback moments...they won't be able to use any audio from this game. They will have to overlay the Rockets radio feed.

All professionals will realize that Jon Barry really missed out on a historical NBA moment to do some lasting calls. He really screwed up.

1 person likes this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I usually disagree with clutchfans on their hatred of most NBA analysts. I really like Hubie for example.

But that piece of commentary was perhaps the worst Ive ever heard in my life. Bad anyway... Even worse with the obvious rooting for one team.

There are so many idiotic things he said. "That was a quick 3 seconds". "Whoa that had to be a travel right!?" Etc.

A-hole

18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It's not just Jon Barry, most of the commentators on ESPN seem depressed.....smh

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

anyone have a video clip of barry sayin the series was over towards the middle of the 3rd?

20. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Whats with all these ex Rockets players commentary? If Bob Sura had a mic would he ***** on us also?