1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To those who keep tabs on Ariza's playoff shooting %'s...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsballin, May 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he did it! he finally hit the 40/30 mark after his abysmal 20/20 %'s. right now he's at 40 fg% and 32 3pt%

he found his shooting touch last two games. vs the clppers he's 48% from the field and 38% form three. 16pg on 12 shot attempts

i hope he continues to make me eat crow. athreeza is back!
    [​IMG]

2. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I hope he's back. The problem with Ariza in our losses has been how off he's been. It's not like he's been missing tough shots in those games, but that he's been missing wide open looks, and that his defender has been slouching off him to double harden which has led to turnovers.

He has to keep his defender honest, and when he can hit a few three's, it really opens up the game for him and others.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

X-Factor

When he's on in the playoffs, championships happen.

Plus, he drove early into the lane and got DJ's second foul in Game 4, 1st Q.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

We won't win if he doesn't have another Wizards Ariza night. If he is First Rockets Stint Ariza then we probably get beat.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup. To beat the Clippers at home, we need everyone rolling. Smith, Ariza, Brewer, Terry...

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Exactly what I was saying before game 5, Ariza is our X factor, his threes have to start falling. No coincidence James "finally had a good game" in this series, Ariza's shooting in game 5.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He's shot well since Game 4. Hope he can sustain the confidence.

So far, Terry is the only guy who has been consistent from long range throughout the playoffs.

8. javilo

javilo Member

Ariza is not looking like the Wizard's Ariza at all, we cant afford for him to miss open 3's, if matt barnes can hit a open three with that horrible form, Ariza should be atleast shooting int the 40 percentile.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'd like to see our record when he shoots 40% on 3's.