1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who steps up in game 6?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, May 14, 2015.

1. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Go to Dwight early. Make DJ play some man-on-man defense instead of this weak side shot blocking BS. Make him work, get him in foul trouble.

2. FatCheetah

FatCheetah Member

Dwight MUST have a big game. Gotta have big games from all of our bigs.

3. Bo6

Bo6 Member

prigioni goes ham from 3point land

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is what kind of scares me. Has anyone tried to elevate their game for tgis series. It reminds me alot of the Portland series last season. We won game 5. Game 6's away just make me feel uncomfortable.

5. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Clint Capela will have a huge game off the bench tonight. This will be the game where Clint Capela becomes a all time fan favorite for the Houston Rockets. You heard it here first. I want reps after tonight's game guys show me some love!

7. Asian Sensation

Run, run, run.

Que JVG arm wave to run and push.

8. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

If we win, it's going to be with 6-7 guys in double figures, not one who all of a sudden goes nuts for 30+ (outside of Harden).

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im looking for harden to have a 43 point night. he is due a big scoring night.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It comes down to attacking the rim. I've been saying this the whole series. It's our game. We will not win without getting the ball deep and going strong to the hole.

If we are intimidated by Jordan, we've already lost.

This will be a tough game for us. Hopefully we can make it close at least. But odds are another blow-out end to our season.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

12. malakas

malakas Member

Everyone should step up hopefully.

13. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I will ignore your last depressing comment. The rest is true. Unfortunately, the Clippers know that's what won the game for us, and are going to be in full flop mode. I expect them to look worse than Dallas did with their arms flailing and the complaining in full force. Dare I agree the refs could be the ones stepping up by not falling for it... but it will require our whole team, starters and bench, to step up first and attack the rim for it to even be a factor.

Much like last game, if it's close enough for a few bad calls to decide it, we aren't doing it right. Gotta put the pedal to the floor and a boot with "momentum" stamped on the heel at their throats to force another game.

14. javilo

javilo Member

I think Capela is a key factor, he is long and if he can get some O-Boards and some easy layups and make them defend him then it opens up for the others, but that goes for all the bench guys, have to play with some intensity.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we are there at the end in the 4th Qtr within a few points, then we executed a successful strategy. To just have a chance at the end is huge. Anyone can win a game that's tied with a minute left. Basketball has some randomness to it.

To get there, we'll have to play incredibly aggressive, incredibly passionately, and incredibly smart.

If we complain or hang out heads or let the crowd get to us at all, it will be over. This team is going to have to show a lot more discipline and strength than it has in prior games.

The Clippers are the better team especially on their home turf. Jordan and Blake Griffin are what make them so scary. You aren't going to take Griffin out of his game too much except by doubling him which has it's own issues.

But Jordan you can disrupt. He will commit fouls. You just have to keep going at him over and over until you get him in foul trouble.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I agree. Capela is long, strong and down to get the friction on (in the paint).

17. ibm

ibm Member

true. but i doubt how many bullets the clips have left in the chamber, too.

it all comes down to sheer will power and determination imo. hope our team won't disappoint and rock the city of the angels.

18. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Da hell did I just do.. good thing i actually did hold my breath...

20. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

LOL NOT