1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/12/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 11, 2015.

1. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

This from the person who declared he was going to ignore the team unless they made the WCF...bandwagon fan.

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

A great win. Finally, Harden played like a MVP player during regular reason peformance, and Howard avoided the stupid fouls.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL making up stories I see. Please show me where I said that.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm baffled it took this long for the team to play as hard as what I saw in this game. It may be too little too late. At least they put themselves in position to win the next game and then in position to win the series at home...however improbable that remains. The Rockets need to take their home game on the road this next game. They need to play just as hard with every play being critical to the outcome of the game. It's all about focus. We know they can do it....if they play hard and with fockass!!! They have to believe!

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

you let me know! im buying your tickets!!!

im jk btw but in spirit please go!

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great game

Wasn't expecting a win, but the Rockets rose up

Not expecting a win @Staples either, but I'll take one

7. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

All the Rockets need to do is take one game on the road. That's all they ever really needed so it's kind of appropriate that's what it's coming down to.

It was nice to see guys making shots last night and that they kept their cool.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Losing Game 6 again to a game winning shot would suck, but at least it would be going out with a ton of more respect than losing by 40

9. torocan

torocan Member

I'm very happy they showed up and played well.

Let's hope they can keep that level of focus as it's a long road to the Finals.

10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

you would think that maybe playing that grueling 7 game series with San Antonio should be taking affect by now.

11. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

You can't count on stuff like that. Everyone said that about the 95 Rockets, too. "Surely they'll be too tired to get past another round...."

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Doesn't seem to be the case. Probably in part because the Rockets bench has been outplayed most of this series by the Clippers bench. Had the opposite happened as most of us expected, the Clippers starters would've had to log heavier minutes and maybe they would be wearing down by this point.

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZdIrUUBacS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b1oxzsRtyvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G5tvi1uZ_ds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. AB423

AB423 Member

The key to this series has been getting Deandre into foul trouble. Game 2 Deandre got into foul trouble early and we got the W and the same as yesterday. They need to attack him early and often next game!

15. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Exactly, they are a different team when he is not on the floor. They just need to take it to him and go hard. So what if you get blocked or no calls sometimes. They can't swallow their whistle the whole game.

I agree with some of the analysts, the refs then to start going with the more aggressive team. You need to attack and attack early as we did in this game. It sucks it took 5 game to really make adjustments and show up.

If the game plan stays the same and we stay hot then we have a chance even though will be super hard.

16. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Can we overcome the ESPN Game 6 curse?

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This Clippers team has been together for a while.

Rockets are getting better. Takes time to gel.

18. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

Pride. Heart.

This team showed me something by winning this game at Home after the LA Massacres. Really impressive showing from the squad. Great team performance across the board, led by the Beard.

I loved the effort on the defensive end. That's how we need to defend screens for the rest of the series, switching too much always leads to problems. If we can keep that up and if our role players outplay their role players (which they should but haven't been doing), I think we have a puncher's chance at pulling this out.

Game 6 on the road, can't wait. I still believe.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I wouldn't blame ESPN. It's just Game 6 in general that's been bad to the Rockets. But who knows? We seem to have overcome the TNT curse.

20. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member