1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/12/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 11, 2015.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm feeling good about this game….sadly our season will end on thurs anyways

2. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

I'm telling you, if these adjustments are made we will have a fast pace starting linenup and a solid bench squad coming in. Defensive focused with a dash of excitement = spark.

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

We need to blow them out to regain some sliver of dignity.

4. torocan

torocan Member

I'd like them to win, but if they lose I can live with it as long as they play hard.

Run back in transition
    Contest shots
    Make proper defensive rotations
    Don't lose track of the cutters
    Be in proper defensive stance
    Move your feet on defense
    Play aggressively

Shots go in some nights, other nights they don't. Just don't roll over. Don't play like you've given up until McHale throws in the towel and puts in the garbage time clean up crew.

Make the Clippers fight for the win.

5. topfive's_gf

topfive's_gf Member

I still believe in my team.

Probably more than topfive does, but he's jaded. ;)

6. newAge_Rockets

Just show some heart. I can live with a loss, but I can't live with this deplorable act the Rockets have showed us lately.

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

8. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No idea what to expect, I would HOPE they fight for their lives, but not sure what to expect, kinda sad really.

DD

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What's it smell like? <a href="https://t.co/deKZwe7dJ6">https://t.co/deKZwe7dJ6</a></p>&mdash; Adam Kredo (@Kredo0) <a href="https://twitter.com/Kredo0/status/598239862098124801">May 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

It is sad. Clearly they have mailed it in. I look for a tiny spark at the beginning and then a complete collapse, and booing from the local fans. Hope I am wrong and they spring back into contention.

#211 solid, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  12. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Heres what some of the gambling pick services are saying:

Red Dog Sports

Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets
    Play: Los Angeles Clippers -2½

LA has won the last two at home by over 20 points. They were down early 25-18 but came back. Without Patrick Beverly, they are bad on the perimeter trying to guard Redick and Chris Paul. Dwight Howard hasn't played well. He fouled out in the last game and struggled to guard Jordan inside. James Harden has been the focus of the Clippers' defense. Blake Griffin has been solid inside as well. I think LA wins by 5 to 7 and covers.

Jeff Scott Sports

LA Clippers -2.5 over HOUSTON: I feel that the Rockets are done. They really showed little fight in the games when the Clippers didn't have Paul on the floor and they have showed less of a fight in the games with him o the floor as they have been blownout by 25 and 28 points the last 2 games. The Clippers do not want this series to go on any longer and I feel they will come out fired up to get this win and knockout a reeling Rockets squad that just hasn't played with much motivation in this series. The defense for the Rockets shows its ugly head once again as the Clippers win this one rather easily.

Jim Feist

Clippers at Rockets
    Play: Clippers

Stick a fork in defenseless Houston. This appears to be an unhappy clubhouse with too many ball-hogs and no one playing defense. Their regular season to get the No. 2 seed was amazing and a fluke, as this team has major holes and flaws. And now they are falling apart, getting smoked most of this series. Even in the game they won the Rockets trailed by 13 at home in the third quarter before LA got in foul trouble. The Clippers are 16-4-1 ATS in their last 21 road games. LA is also 4-0 ATS against Houston, including 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings in Houston.

Brandon Shively

Houston Rockets +2.5

I have died with Houston in 3 games this series. Too make it worse, they are 0-4 ATS in this series and are facing a lot of adversity in this game down 3-1. The Rockets have now gotten blow out in 2 straight games. This is surprising to me as the Rockets were one of the best teams in the regular season bouncing back off of a loss, especially a double digit loss.

What I saw in Game 4 was that Howard picked up 2 fouls early, so McHale called for the Hack-A-Jordan, and it did not work. The Rockets are a team that like to get out in transition. Whether Jordan missed or not, it gave the Clippers a chance to get back on defense. I think Game 5 the Rockets will play their game, forget about the Hack-A-Jordan, and get Harden back on the ball.

Harry Bondi

HOUSTON (+3) over LA Clippers

Tonight we back Houston plus the points over the LA Clippers in a must win gut check game for the Rockets. We were all over the Clippers over the weekend as they crushed Houston by 25 and 33 points but the Rockets and in particular James Hardin and Dwight Howard have played much better at home than on the road in the playoffs and we think they show up big at home tonight.

----------------------

The opening line in the game was Rockets by 1.5, its now Clippers by 3. A 4.5 point swing in favor of the road team, signaling heavy action on the clippers.

Lets hope the betting public is wrong, which they usually are.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

We will win fellas! Just believe!!

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Only 3 points? Is it against the rules as a fan to bet against the Rockets?

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

rockets going back to this
    [​IMG]

16. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

even if we do, can the Rockets win 3 in a row to take the series? Doubtful against this Clippers team...I don't want them to prolong the agony, but here's to taking it 1 game at a time and hoping for a small miracle

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

WHY ARE YOU NOT ANTI-JINXING BRO

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Didn't watch the last game....good riddance.....

I will watch this one as long as the Rockets keep it a game....

Is it Football Season yet? ....Go Astros!

19. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Living on a prayer, my inner self wants them to take this to seven games.

But the realist in me just wants this to be over.

Anyways good luck Rockets.

20. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

You can only win this game tonight. Game 6 and Game 7 don't exist unless you win this game. You have to fight every possession. Show some heart and WIN!