1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arrow: television series discussion thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulftsk, Feb 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rocketfanatic2

WHOA. Something's brewing here.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Still boring .. . . ..
    Only thing of intrigue from last nite is I wants to see . . . .
    . . . its a little morbid but . . . . . how did the kid die . . . and where is the wife?
    The whole shanghai snoozefest needs a payoff.

Rocket River

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think the last 2 episodes have been pretty good after what has been a pretty poor season.

The flashback scenes have become downright intrusive. I'm with you, there better be a point because they feel like a complete waste of time.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I've liked the past two episodes. One thing I like about the show is that it keeps the story moving. Things do not stay the same from the beginning of one episode to the other. I agree the Shanghai flashbacks are killing me, very boring and uninteresting.

But the main plot is advancing well.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think my main problem with the Shanghai flashbacks is that I truly don't care what happens to any of them, the flashbacks to the island were MUCH better.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yep especially when he was with Deathstroke. I actually looked forward to them.

I feel like next season Oliver's going to be like "I didn't just come back to Starling city once during my time away.."

7. conquistador#11

just take away these china flashbacks plus superman returns guy and this season would have been almost as enjoyable as the last 2. I think the downfall for the super hero genre is having to do 22+ episodes per season.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Daredevil got me to thinking on this too
    The Compact season adds alot to it

no Filler

Rocket River

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wonder what made 22+ episodes the norm in the United States. In the UK they normally have 7-15 episodes.

10. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Is Laurel still a super hero? I just couldn't keep watching after that development.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well she was never really a "super" hero, but she tries her best and it's adorable.

12. Duncan McDonuts

I like Laurel as the Black Canary. Every time she takes a hit, it brings a smile to my face and she takes it like a champ.

13. SK34

SK34 Member

Haha.. Laurel is so bad.. Ra'as should have killer her and Thea and made Oliver choose.. Which would be Thea and end of laurel.. Ya

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yep Laurel as Black Canary is just impossible to take seriously.

There was a ton of character damage done to her last season, she was insufferable. She hasn't really been annoying IMO this season, but the transition has happened way too quickly. They should have taken a couple of seasons building her up to it.

Oliver and Sara had years of training with master assassins in life or death situations. Laural has a few months training at a local gym and she's good to go. Just one of many things they have done poorly this season.

15. pd_

pd_ Member

i think im just watching arrow now just to watch and keep up with what happens in case it gets good again (which it kind of is but not really). I dont look forward to it every week like Flash

16. 713

713 Member

I think that is why she's being trained by Ra's daughter/Sara's Lover now.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

After including sweeps event programming and repeats the American season lines up pretty well with the school year; summer being the time, at least when television first started, that a lot families might have gone on extended vacations will less routine viewing habits, or to locales with less communications infrastructure, advertising retailers or television reception.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Best episode of the season so far. So much plot movement, awesome moments, great suspense. Can't believe they packed all of that into one episode.

It was also a great moment when Felicity threw the tablet at the League Assassin.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Looks like it's gonna be crossovers for both season finales. Nice.

20. SK34

SK34 Member

great freaking episode.