1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I lost my son and my ex-wife on July 2nd 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by imasonamagun, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

What a beautiful tribute. I hope you find peace, and please know there are a lot of people here that are thinking of you and your family.

2. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

My Ex-Wife would have turned 30 today. I took her a dozen roses and we (our daughter Savannah and I) are releasing balloons with a message to her this evening, I decided about a month ago to defeat the depression I was suffering from from the loss of these two very important people in my life. It's been a long road in a short amount of time but together we have made it on the other side! Thanks to all my CF family and friends!

1 person likes this.
  3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

God bless you for what you have had to endure. Glad to see you are doing better.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Really happy to see you at least finding some peace moving forward.

Hopefully you and Savannah can cheer on our Rockets for a few more months. “Never Quit!”

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Happy to hear you are doing better. I certainly thought about you today with the other story.

6. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

You made it over the hump! Congrats!

7. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

You made it brotha

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Keep your head up. Very happy to see that you're in good spirits. You'll have your ups and downs I would imagine. Stay strong for your daughter.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

God bless you, man..... much respect.

Stay strong and hopefully God has some extra blessings in store for you.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Best wishes mate. Stay strong.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Glad to hear you're turning the corner. With time hopefully your pain lessens and your remember the good times with your family.

12. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

Thank you to all my brothers here! It was amazing yesterday evening, the largest gathering at their graves since the funeral. Game 3 tonight fellas!!! I appreciate all the support and prayers.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This may or may not be helpful...but I heard a podcast yesterday on TED Radio Hour that was awesome. About making dealing with a disease or grief/depression like a game. There's more to unpack there, but essentially it's about enlisting your closest friends and families as allies and teaming up on it. Celebrate progress together. I suppose it's just being very intentional about recovery. Might be worth a listen...

Still praying for you and rooting for you!

14. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

I'll be sure to take a listen, when I decided to beat my depression it took an entire overhaul on my physical state. I cut out fried foods, fast food, sodas, beer ect..... I got myself a membership at LifeTime on West Lake and began a pretty rigirous work out plan and I have stuck with it. I figured a better physical form makes for a better mental and spiritual form. Also, my children have put a lot of drive behind me, to be a better father and person in general. I think my father said it best, "It's been a long road in a short amount of time", and that right there my brothers is probably the understatement of the year.

3 people like this.
  15. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

It has been one year yall! My heart is torn into pieces at this time. Rest in Peace to my beautiful family. I will forever honor and remember them! Michael Jason Frost and Kristina Marie Frost forever!!!

1 person likes this.
  16. edwardc

edwardc Member

I understand your pain it's been 4 yrs June 22 for me as long as you trust in the one above you will find all the peace you will need there love for you will never fail or fall short there watching over you just like my angel.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I know I wouldn't be doing as well as you. Much respect to you and my continued good thoughts are sent your way.

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

This date is always going to be tough. I lost a loved one in June, and it's always difficult for me. I hope you are doing well otherwise.

19. the shark

the shark Member

My friend, I hope you find the inner peace your heart and soul are seeking.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I know today is tough and this date always will be for you. But I know you're a tough guy who is doing great for your daughter. Much love to you.