1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That New Orleans pick is starting to look good.... (FINAL: Will be 18th pick)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Mprice

Mprice Member

I appreciate you man! its good to be back from enemy lines lol.

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

I've been perusing/lurking the OKC forum for quite some time now and I've always wondered if you posted here under a different name since I never saw you. There is something I've wanted to tell you for a very long time...leave those poor people alone for goodness sakes! :grin:

You were relentless in reminding them how they lost Harden. Some won't admit it bothers them because it hurts too much, but imagine the Rockets drafting MVP caliber players in 3 consecutive drafts only to practically give one away because your owner was being cheap which left you with guys like Kendrick Perkins and Thabo instead. They punted on a dynasty and have been trying like crazy to string something new and better together ever since only to watch it fail every time for various reasons. It's like worse than the Yao and McGrady era for us if they never win the big one because some of it is injury after injury, but giving away Harden was self inflicted.

3. Mprice

Mprice Member

I just wanted to educate them about our team :grin:. But to be honest I got tired of sitting back and reading there forum and reading the ignorance they spewed or other garbage said about Houston basketball fed by the media which isn't true at all. But your right I was a little too aggressive on the approach and when you put into that perspective it truly sounds terrible having all those superstar quality players under 25 ready for title runs for the next decade only to be derailed by the owner like that they literally accomplished nothing from that trade except for adams really.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Kaminsky is as good or if not better than any of the Gasol brothers when they started playing

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

7ft and 245lbs not big enough for the 4, wtf?

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Ha! A 21 y/o Pau averaged 18 pts 9 Rebs 3 assist 2 blks in his rookie year. Take a step back bro.

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I really want Deangelo Russell but he is likely a top 5 pick. But I would settle for Winslow, he isn't the creator Russell us but he is very good at maneuvering his way into the paint.

8. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

I'm thinking that a Kaminsky/ Harden high pnr would be nasty.

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No Dekker love?

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What are we trading to get Winslow? He's projected to be a #5 pick. We have a #14, #31. Adding in Dmo or Jones (in contract years) isn't enough to get it done imo.

And how in the world is Kaminsky too small to play the 4? You know he is 7 foot 245 lbs. How big do you think the average NBA PF is?

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

He's probably not really 7 foot. More like 6 foot 10 or 6 foot 9.5. But he's definitely a 4 and not a 5.

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

So what. He played big minutes on a ****ty team.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Sam Dekker is 6'9 with shoes for reference.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Pau Gasol was a very talented rookie. A more athletic and skilled D-Mo. Sure, he couldn't get Memphis past the 1st round, but he had all round skills on offense.

15. Mprice

Mprice Member

What possible way can we get Winslow? I love his motor and feel his feel for the game is excellent. He already has the playmaking ability and if polishes his dribbling I see all-star potential or borderline worst case scenario.

16. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Per Draft Express, the worst pick NO can get is the 19th pick according to their algorithm.

17. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

So it doesn't look very likely that the Pelicans will make it into the playoffs. Looking at the remaining schedules, the Pelicans have a much harder schedule (59% win percentage vs 46%). If the Thunder just go 2-3 to end the year, beating the Kings and Wolves, and losing to the Spurs, Blazers and Pacers (this is in Indiana, but obviously very winnable), they will be at 44-38. The Pelicans will have to go 3-3 to close out the year, and make it into the playoffs since they have the tie-breaker. That means, assuming they beat the Suns and Wolves, they will have to win at least 1 game against the Warriors/@Grizzlies/@Rockets/Spurs in order to make it into the playoffs. Not an easy task, but definitely do-able. I think we could all see Pop sitting his guys in that last game.

I think it's more likely the Thunder go 3-2 to end the year and end up at 45-37, which means the Pelicans have to go 4-2 against the Warriors/@Grizzlies/Suns/@Rockets/@Wolves/Spurs. If they don't, they miss the playoffs and we get the #14 pick. Otherwise, we're stuck with the #19 pick.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We should draft Grant from Notre Dame.

19. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Frank is 22 playing in college. He'll be 23 next year and he won't sniff the numbers Pau put up his rookie year (at 21)

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kaminsky is 6'6'' minus the neck.