1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quadruple Double Alert

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hoopster325, Mar 15, 2015.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Man...

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Those outlet passes and OT coast to coast.:eek:

3. rockbox

The stat line that I posted should have been a Quad double(They took it away from after the game) and was a lot more impressive. The 5 steals was over the top and he was offensively dominate. Whats crazier is both quad games happened in the same month. We were spoiled by greatness for a long time.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Drexler should of had one as a Rocket. Nobody remembers. They missed an assist and Willis missed a 3.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fboxscores%2F199611010HOU.html&div=div_HOU_basic"></script>

1 person likes this.
  5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think what he's saying is that Hakeem also had many games where no one has accomplished his stat minimums across the board either. I understand the annoyance, but it's modern media. They have a lot of air time to fill. Dream was incredible. Anthony Davis is on that same career trajectory.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Boy, you sound a little salty. What has your panties all in a bunch?

I, for one, really enjoyed sealclubber's stats.

Here's another stat line you might not like, Yung T:

Sealclubber 1, Yung T 0. Game over. You lose.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I remember seeing that game. Drexler played marvelously. I was sad that he didn't get it.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This is one of the most baseless and stupid replies I've read in a while, and that says something on CF.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I don't think he meant it like that. Don't know why people here have to diminish Davis' accomplishment and try to drag in Hakeem. Posting a bunch of Hakeem triple doubles that were not remotely close to a quadruple has nothing to do with this thread, otherwise we'd have to post nearly every triple double in NBA history here.

10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

The site is called Clutch Fans, that's what they are supposed to do. Fans is short for fanatic. Why ask silly questions? I'm sure there is a generic site somewhere where you can get unbiased NBA talk. This isn't it.

11. rockbox

David Robinson had near that stat line twice.

34 pts 14 rb 7 ast 8 blocks
    34 pts 10 rb 10 ast 10 blocks

The points thing is not that big of a deal. It just means you jacked up a lot of shots. How many times did dream jack up 27 shots in a game?

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

All true. My point was this was a thread about a near quadruple double and someone posted half a dozens of Hakeem game saying "games like these were fairly regular", when none of them were remotely close to a quadruple, he even posted games with the 4th stat being one(!) assist etc.

Yes Hakeem had amazing games, but come up with stat lines like this and we'd have to post hundreds of games here.

13. B

B Contributing Member

3/3/90- 29 Pts, 18 Reb, 11 Blks, 9 Ast, 5 Stls

That one looks really darn close to a quad double that he posted, and it's a 5x5 game.

14. B

B Contributing Member

I remember posting on the old board joking about how it was almost a quintuple double if Clyde would have gotten 3 more turnovers and 1 more assist.