1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. straight forwar

Exactly. And I think Howard and Dmo is the best defensive frontline Rockets can bring heading to the playoffs. McHale will start Jones most likely though.

2. kaunomanas

kaunomanas Member

20 boards of Jordan, when he got only 3 in offence, doesn't mean anything. Because DMO guard them, so small guys like harden or ariza can take 7 def. rebound each.

3/15 is poor shooting today, but DMO season FGA % is not that bad.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah he definitely saved us.

Josh Smith had one of his full r****d games, D-mo had to play a lot of minutes against a good team and a good frontcourt.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't say "spectacular," more like "solid" at best. He played really hard as he usually does which I love, he has very poor mechanics in terms of boxing out though, all of our bigs do honestly.

I think one of the biggest reasons he played the most minutes is that TJones got into early foul trouble in the 1st half and Josh Smith had an absolutely dreadful game, not because he played particularly well.

Ha, 40 rebounds?? Idk about that man, he averages 15 a game though so 20 isn't too much above his average.

And like I said above, DMo getting 43 minutes was most likely due to TJones' foul trouble in the 1st half and Josh Smith sucking.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well okay yeah I agree then, Dorsey might have done a decent job on the boards but he's such a liability on the foul line.

DMo's size was needed tonight.

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I do believe this is why Harden able to get some of the triple double and the wing players getting high number of rebounds. DoMo would box the big men out and the little guys go in there and get rebounds.

7. straight forwar

Jones couldn't stand a second against Jordan. He looked like a guard against him and had to foul instantly. He's athletic but is too short and too light. And that's actually overlooked too often. Jones can be super amazing offensively and can block some shots, but he's too small for PF basically.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Put 6'9 Power forwards on him all game and the only reason he doesn't get 40 boards is because he's pulled in the 4th with the clippers up 30.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think DMO and be a DYNAMO for 20~25 minutes a night
    I think when Dwight comes back he will get some rest
    Much needed rest

Rocket River

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well obviously, Jordan is a C and Jones is a PF, lol.

Jones I thought did a pretty good job on Griffin, good overall team defense on him was good as well, which we have to do against elite PFs.

I don't think he is too small for a power forward. For a center? Clearly, but nobody is trying to say he should be able to guard centers.

11. dron

dron Member

Well, it is obvious that Dmo is just overtrained right now. And it is not some kind of excuse. Overtraining is natural for all of us. If someone in this forum think Dmo is bad player, liability, rockets should have traded him etc. thats just mean you either have never played competitive sport in your life or you newer have been doing something really tough for a long period of time, either way some of you should just shut your mouth. Every pro athlete from time to time experience overtraining and you just cant really do something about it. It just happens. He need more rest to recover, and dwight should really help him to do that.

Speaking about game, it is starting to look really funny how Dmo`s opponents becomes frustrated playing against dmo. Aldridge, today Jordan was really pissed off on Dmo :D If dmo would have tougher personality, game would be much more entertaining :D

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not really disagreeing with you, Dorsey could have done a decent job but him sucking in pretty much every other aspect of the game besides rebounding is a major liability.

I highly doubt Jordan would get 40 boards but maybe he would have gotten a few more.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Neither can D-mo and people are killing him for it.

Fact is D-mo is being forced into action without Dwight because he is the best man for the job. If Jones were being asked to do what D-mo is doing he would be getting killed.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Can you save annoying .gifs for your fav (Lin) thread? It's unsightly and isn't adding anything to the discussion here.

15. straight forwar

Sure. I just don't see how Jones could let Dmo rest tonight by any circumstances. And I guess I would prefer Dmo to play D against Aldrige and Z-Bo type of PFs. Jones doesn't gave size and is too light. He's not soft, he's just too compact for PF. It wasn't pretty last year in the playoffs anyway. We'll see.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this.

And if Jones ends up starting he will add much needed balance to our 2nd unit.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Jones would have probably gotten some more burn against their 2nd unit when Jordan was on the bench.

Jones has bulked up a bit and his defense is a lot better than last season.

However, we do not have any elite defender at the 4 spot, defending a guy like Aldridge will require good team defense.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's the best rebounder in the NBA and got 22 on Marc Gasol, put Dorsey, Jones, or Smith on him and the only thing stopping just a ridiculous number of rebounds would be if both teams shot a really really high percentage or if he only played 3 quarters because there was no need to play the 4th.

19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Ha, I think it's kinda weird that you're so persistent in your argument that he'd get 40 boards, but I'll let you have it lol.

When Dwight gets back this is a non-issue anyway.