1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What about the older, slower NBA version towards his career end Arvydas?

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

He needs the weight room period, that's how you get the butt down. Balance is strength.

3. dron

dron Member

i dont think so.. after NBA career arvydas came back to europe at the age of ~40 and became Euroleague regular season MVP. And if we speak about 31-38 years old nba version of Sabonis, i dont think motiejunas could be close to him either. I dont say motie is bad it is just Sabonis was out of this planet.
    Also he was much higher and more skilled idk how you can compare him to anyone..

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

For the record, I never said DMo could be Sabonis. This is hilarious. The point was that if a player were able to be great at all of those different things they would be a superstar. DMo will never be a superstar. He will never be a good rebounder. Some guys just aren't good rebounders. See Brook Lopez for example. He will never be a shot blocker. He is a good passer, but he needs to get better at passing out of the post and not turning the ball over. That is another step in his development. He is a good post up player and maybe he can develop his 3 point shot enough to be good at that too. Right now he doesn't shoot enough of them to say for certain. If he can take about 4 or 5 a game and shoot at least 35% then I'll be sold on him as a true inside outside thread and that would be awesome. He will make a ton of money. He has some good NBA skills and I think he needs to focus on perfecting those things. I say put a rebounder and shot blocker next to him to help cover up the areas where he is deficient and allow him to maximize what he does best.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

This ^^^^

He also needs to get dropped off in 5th ward or 3rd ward so he can learn to be nasty and tough. Lol j/k.

Once he learn how to use his size and weight, watch out NBA.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

DMo has already bulked up a lot and has added a lot of muscle and strength since his rookie year. There is a discernable difference between now and rookie year DMo who was sprawled all over the floor on every possession and when he wasn't on the floor he was being pushed all over the court. I'm not sure how much bigger and stronger he is going to be able to get without it slowing him down even more and actually making him a worse player. He is 7 ft. and 260 pounds. Sometimes you just can't make a player something he isn't.

7. cruwinas_lawona

And 260 pounds could be different. They can be bulky and strong, or they can be of lean, mean steel. Another thing - DMo is still manning up. Meaning that he is still growing up into healthy, natural man's strength.

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

He needs the weight room... But that will not teach him fundamentals....

T_Man

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Dwight went down in that Laker game, and D-mo started to get playing time, since then Rockets record...

When D-mo plays 27 minutes 27-5
    When D-Mo plays less than 27 minutes 7-13

When D-mo gets 10+ FGA 23-8
    When D-mo gets less than 10 FGA 11-10

I know you D-mo haters seem to think he is some huge liability, but the team's results would seem to suggest otherwise. Now D-mo has not been playing his best ball this last week or so, but he has been pivotal for the team this season. Luckily Jones has come in to pick up the slack, but all of his great work should not be ignored. The fact is the Rockets have played their best ball when D-Mo was an active part of the team.

Hopefully Dwight can get back, and it would give us a frontcourt quartet that I would put up against anybody.

10. basketballholic

Interesting numbers on DMo there. Probably corresponds with his foul trouble pretty close. But still shows his importance to this team.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like DMo.
    I look at his game the only concern is quickness and explosiveness
    I think . . . based on what I have seen . . .. . he *can* be better than Kevin Love
    [Maybe Part homerism and part I am not impressed with K Love]
    [his Defense is already on par with K Love]

Most folx maybe right. . he will be a good PF
    Maybe I have misjudged him
    I been pushing him to be a C
    mainly because I worry about his speed PF Spot
    now . . I worry about his strength at the C Spot

He is a nice tweener . . . .

Rocket River

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Sorry RR, I don't think he'll be better than Kevin Love!!

And I really like Dmo!!!

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*chuckle*
    I guess I just am not impressed with KLove
    Then again . .. I only REALLY started paying attention to him in Cleveland

Rocket River

14. nobie

nobie Member

Kevin Love is better rebounder and better 3pt shooter even though they both shoot at same %, Love takes 2-3 times more of them. I would say DMo is better defender and better post scorer. I mean overall Love is better player. But he is finished product, DMo still have room to grow and improve. And KLove is getting paid 16mil, so even if we had him on them team, we would need to give up someone else. And i doubt our actual record would improve.

15. dron

dron Member

i think if DMo would be selfish as Love and would have confidence that Love have he would already look better player to us

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

D-Mo also has good handles and passing ability but Love could be the best outlet passer in the game. Love is always looking for early and easy offense opportunities.

17. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Man some of you guys are huge homers. Kevin love is not a finished product he's only 25 yrs old. DMo is no where near Kevin Love's level come on now that's crazy talk.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

For basically everyone but Harden and Ariza (Dwight too when healthy), their minutes wax and wane with how they're playing in a given game?

Dmo plays less minutes when Dmo is playing bad.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

But he is showing us is that, since Dwight got injured, when DMo plays well, we win. I suppose it makes a lot of sense?
    If Dwight isn't available, we need DMo to play well if we're going to get a win.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

KLove
    Minutes: 34.4
    FG%: 43.1
    3Pt%: 36.3
    FT% 80.5
    Pts/Gm 16.9 on 13 attempts
    Rb 10.2
    ast 2.3
    Stl: .7
    blk .5