1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Division title: can it be done?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Feb 28, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ask Memphis if they are willing to give up that title

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I swear, Memphis always shock me. They seem to always struggle badly against those boarderline playoff teams, Phx, NOP, etc. Yet, try to play like an elite playoff team versus the top teams. We could of taken over the 2nd spot if it wasn't for Ken Mauer dumbass non-call. :mad::mad:

3. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

It still boggles my mind that refs can look to see if player shot a 2 or a 3 (if its a closecall) while in the final seconds of a game but blatant fouls that completely take away the chance of any points whatsoever cannot be reviewed

4. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

We need to pass Memphis. San Antonio has won 5 straight and just passed up the Mavs to the #6 seed. Dallas or Portland (with recent Wes Matthews' injury) are our best bets

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We match up well against SA. Don't matter who we play.

6. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Although we got completely screwed, I'd prefer to keep judgment calls as they are. Just my opinion that fouls and calls like pass interference in football should be kept as is, even though video evidence can make it pretty dang obvious sometimes that a team got hosed.

(on a side note, Dez caught it)

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

^^^^^^This! Division title, MVP, etc. are just stepping stones to true goal...,championship title.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

With our guaranteed 60 wins, I think we'll win the division title...

9. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I would love to be the team that knocks out the defending champions. Harden is the Spur killer, remember? Harden is probably the only reason the Spurs didnt get the ring that year.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm on mobile, but Marc Spears says that rox have a very good chance of taking 2nd in the WC especially if Dwight gives something. High praise as well for Harden.

I have a feeling the MVP is Hardens if we win the division

11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

How do you propose the refs stop play right there with 5 seconds left to review a call? If they can check only if there is a dead ball then Memphis wouldn't have called a timeout and just played on. There is no way the NBA will ever be able to review calls. It just doesn't make sense for the flow of the game and if they stop the play whether a foul was committed or not would be ridiculous. You can easily go back and review if a 2 or 3 was made as this has no bearing on the rest of the flow of the game.

12. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Both are on schedule in the win and loss column with what I predicted.

13. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Rockets on schedule, Memphis dropping one more than expected so far. First we have to catch the Blazers though ;)

14. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Want the Division title and want to avoid Golden State in the first round. Do NOT want the 4th/5th seeds.
    Hell I'd take the 6th or 7th seeds. With this team, I really don't think home court matters as much.

15. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

We're not catching them, Harden is getting burned out, we have no rebounding and the effort is still not there every night.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"Mavs have a better % at winning the west finals than the Rockets."

-ESPN

:confused::eek:

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I know, I saw this earlier on ESPN and was like wtf?!? I mean if Howard comes back and is even decently productive, houston has a real shot to make some noise and could make it to the WCF's or more. I mean I know I'm biased but with how all the media dogged on the rockets earlier (and especially with how open the west is now), and for them to not even give the rockets a fair % with how much they've overcome, just shows how stupid ESPN has become.

ESPN has been on a steady decline for years, and this just further exemplifies it. I know the media outside of houston doesn't exactly like the rockets, but how can they not even be mentioned or in the discussion?? I really hope GS's fairy tail season ends in the first round, mainly because ESPN is basically tmz.

19. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

The gap's closing fast now...

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

As of now,

the most favorable 1st round opponents for the Rox should be the Blazers, by the way the Blazers were playing of late.

Of course, once you get pass them, you are looking at GSW.

Ideally, the Rox can get to the 2nd spot and have a good chance to match with the Mavs and then face another first round winner of Grizz vs Spurs.

And let Clippers play against GSW in second round.

This will be perfect.