1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

1. Comic book superhero films are a weird bunch. I am about to drop a land-mine. Outside of the Batman films (excluding Forever and Robin) and Superman/II, I'll throw in The Avengers and Iron Man. If you drop the superhero label a bit...you could add the Crow; Sin City; V for Vendetta. It's an average bunch of films.

2. I didn't like MOS, granted it was a decent flick and better than most comic book movies

3. Filmmakers do not read, understand, and take an abundance of liberties.

4. I loved comic books/graphic novels, but feel indifferent comic book and superhero movies.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

1. You forgot Guardians of the Galaxy, and Winter Soldier. If you think those were average...eh...

3. I've come to the realization that in a lot of cases changes have to be made for these movies to work. Sure they could go panel for panel, but in the end you'll have something that probably is dated, hokey, and just doesn't work nearly as well as some of the changes. A decent example is Yondu in Guardians; in the comic he's a Guardian and he's definitely not a thief. With that said in the movie he's awesomeness, and I'm okay with the changes made.

3. SexyButIgnorant

Still can't understand the love towards Guardians of the Galaxy. It was fun, but nothing worth remembering. Winter Soldier was great, and I stinkin loved Days of Future Past. I think I clearly just like my movies to have a bit more heaviness to them.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

https://twitter.com/D3T0N8R/status/512391437460439040/photo/1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Batman &amp; Robin train driving by the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BatmanvSuperman?src=hash">#BatmanvSuperman</a> location earlier today. <a href="http://t.co/tadNxjxBxx">pic.twitter.com/tadNxjxBxx</a></p>&mdash; Tim Malin (@D3T0N8R) <a href="https://twitter.com/D3T0N8R/status/512391437460439040">September 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:eek: For all you nerds

5. itzIce

itzIce Member

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why couldn't super man kill him easily?

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Guilty farm-boy conscience and alien idealism and superiority complex; plus Wayne's rich, cynical and analytical enough that he would evade it somehow.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Batman can't die if they're going to follow the comic. There's a justice league movie after.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He dies? Maybe I forgot something... but I thought it basically ended with Batman becoming the leader of a gang. Give or take.

11. SexyButIgnorant

Yeah, Batman fakes his death and heads a gang of Batmans lol. Which I always thought was the worst ending.

But I think they're taking a lot of influence from Dark Knight Returns (especially if this Carrie Kelley thing is true), but not truly make it that story. Zack Snyder even said in an interview that the Superman in DKR is inherently different from Man of Steel, so it's impossible to make it like that.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Was never a big fan of Carrie Kelley but at least we know Nightwing is out there somewhere. And maybe in a future Batman movie we will see the death of Jason Todd through flashbacks.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Snyder used the book as a storyboard when filming Watchmen and that movie was awesome. Didn't feel dated at all. Every cool visual was taken directly from the book that is 30 years old.

14. 713

713 Member

Jared Leto as Joker?

Margot Robbie as Harley Quin?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qyw40KMYH-8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Because he used modern film techniques including heavy CGI, I'm failing to see your point -- he still made changes to the source material. It's also a period piece, so naturally it's intended to feel "dated" in areas. I liked it, but just as many people didn't.

16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Is this a fan made manipulation to send all the fans in a frenzy?

[​IMG]

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Doubt it's real. WB would have announced it with their DC movie lineup.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>There is only one true King. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/unitetheseven?src=hash">#unitetheseven</a> <a href="http://t.co/RDFG8jbuI6">pic.twitter.com/RDFG8jbuI6</a></p>&mdash; ZackSnyder (@ZackSnyder) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/568650209581858817">February 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Zack Snyder released the first official image of Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry (Aquaman). Looks slick.

[​IMG]

20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Heh. Beat by a minute.