1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This time, Morey did a very bad job, PERIOD! Prigioni is not the answer and we lost 3 second round picks and Caanan. AMAZING!

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I like KJ, don't understand the Prigioni trade though...

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm only rolling with Doc Rocket, and cyberx.

1 person likes this.
  4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Seeing the deals now, I don't think our trade package was competitive enough to get either Knight or Dragic. Throw in the fact that Dragic reportedly did not want to come here and that Phoenix would rather not help a Western contender, and it looks like Morey couldn't have done much with respect to prying Dragic from Phoenix. Check out the haul that Milwaukee got for Knight! That trumps anything we could have given. I was really hoping for Lawson but I guess Denver was not really shopping him.

Given our point guard position, that trade deadline was really tough to take. I don't have any doubts that we can still make a lot of noise come playoff time, but it would have been much easier with Dragic/Knight/Lawson.

5. Tdugs710

Tdugs710 Member

Anyone feel like it's time for the 21 gun salute and retire this thread?

It's valiantly served its Clutchfans well over the past months.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

C'mon, it wasn't Plow's fault that Morey could not swing a trade for an elite PG. We know that Morey was trying his ace off, it just didn't happen. Clutch and others verified his creds, that's good enough for me.

7. Lightsnowaction

What really hurts a little more than getting Pablo is still having Joey Dorsey as our starting center with Dwight injured.

8. haydenfisher342

maybe morey did Cannon a solid and found a team that would give him pt. who knows. I dont understand how this gave us more flexibility. I would prefer to stand pat and keep our 2nds and find some sleepers in the draft.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I still don't is using the NO pick. I could see Lawson or Jack becoming availible again in the offseason though.

I just hope the guys we have can make a run in the playoffs... I'm really tired of the public ignoring this team simply because we lost in the 1st round last year. On Mike&Mike this morning they literally mentioned every West playoff team as contenders except for Houston, and that won't change till we win a playoff series...

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Fixed... Long day

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Jack was available now..

12. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Just realised carter Williams went to bucks. I wouldn't have objected to him coming our way.
    Mind you strange why 76's have let both him and mcdaniels go. I thought they were building/developing a team.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It's been strange as there were reports that they were shopping Noel.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I never saw your post. I'll add to your rep!

I sincerely believe our real targets are either Love or Durant. All else? Forget it.

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Been watching KJ highlights. Reminds me of a wing version of Carl Landry. Just relentless! Pretty skilled also, looks like heat be able to get his own shot.

After the buzz kill wore off, I'm hella pumped about this cat!

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Pablo
    - 1.2 steals in 18 mins per game.
    - 41% 3 point percentage.
    - low turnovers.

KJ
    - 1.3 Blocks per game
    - Just under 1 steal per game.

Morey looking to stop the turnstile defence on the perimeter.

Also heard that Perkins might be an option.

17. akeemshook

akeemshook Member

No one verified Plow. His posts were miles from true. Whatever his motivations, he came on here and lied, repeatedly, while also making fun of people who showed how reality conflicted with his claims.

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

That's incredible. Years of sucking to finally get a few real decent players in Noel's and carter Williams to build around. Now they're throwing that away. Something real screwy going on there.

19. newAge_Rockets

I think Ariza is a goner in the offseason. Mcdaniels and Brewer wil probably be cheaper than him, and his defense could be very valuable to some other teams that are shallow on the wing. Ariza's declining contract should be valuable to los of teams, hopefully we can get a decent point guard.

20. bmd

bmd Member

It may seem like years of sucking... but last year was their first year tanking.

The year before last they just missed the playoffs.

MCW was their draft pick two years ago after finishing 9th, and Embiid was their draft pick after their tanking season.

Noel was acquired from the Pelicans when they traded Jrue Holiday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.