1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Do you guys remember all of the conflicting reports when Dwight was deciding where to sign? They made it seem like Dwight was wishy washy on what he wanted to do, when in reality he had his mind set the entire time. Some of you said the same thing about Dwight as you are saying about Goran right now, "If he is going to be like that, I don't want him now." We have heard nothing about Dragic's preferred destinations from Dragic himself. In fact, the only thing we for certain know came from Dragic is that PHX is most definitely NOT a preferred destination.

2. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Why would you even want to take that risk? He has stated that Rockets are a dishonest franchise. As a Rockets fan, I am saying f you, man. I don't want that kind of attitude in this team. Play a safe bet and look elsewhere.

3. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

It's Les' money. If he's willing to pay it and you think Goran is the last major piece to a championship puzzle, yes. After the cap increase 20-25mil won't be so bad. And if his play decreases significantly after a couple year and he hinders your cap flexibility too much you dump him with a pick later. It's a bullet you have to bite if you really think he's the last big piece for the next 2-3 years.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If there's even a slightest chance that Dwight will need surgery this summer, then we need to go all in even for a Goran rental. We're not wasting Harden's MVP year. This playoff run is IT.

We'll worry about losing Goran later. Because if we lose Dwight to surgery or get a semi-effective Dwight, we won't be going far next year anyway.

5. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

More from the Suns board...

LukasBMW » 8 minutes ago

I better get some cred for this...

Not an insider but a friend from college works in the front office of an NBA east coast team.

Unless the Suns get a healthy return for Dragic, IT is packing his bags and heading to the cold cold cold. Vroom Vroom.

Suns are then going to try to convince Dragic to stay. They feel like they played hardball with Beldsoe and won. They will do the same with Dragic rather then take scraps.

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Right, but the signs still pointed towards Houston the whole time for the most part. There hasn't been much indication that Dragic is coming here.

7. vince

vince Member

So everything is quiet till tomorrow.

8. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

Where did he say they were dishonest?

9. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I think that's unrealistic and probably just flat out misinformation

10. Fullcourt

Doubt it.

11. Houston_Rockets

Daryl Morey, I know you are reading this, please stay away from Dragic. This man will command a 20+M per year contract over atleast 4 years. He is a a little better then good PG, but you and I know that good point guards are as easy to get as good PFs in this league. There are a lot of ways to win a title, there is one thing you absolutely don´t do, you don´t overpay (contract wise) to get good PFs and PGs.

I am not worried about money because I want to save Les some, I just want to be able to sit in front of KD, with Harden, D12, Hakeem, DM and a good coach, and ask if there is any destination that gives him a better chance to win.

Go overpay for Lawson, or try and get IT for a bargain, those dudes are great improvements for great contracts. Besides we are not "the difference between Dragic and Lawson/IT" away from winning a championship.

12. Fullcourt

It's strange that cyberx has been absent.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Suns are morons if they keep him. He's publicly shamed that whole organization.

14. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

IT to Boston as a backup. Bring him to H-Town.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

really though if i stop and think about it. i wonder what the comparison of say a $15-16mill 5yr extension with 7% raises in Texas with no state tax vs the 4 yr 20 extension with with (4%?) raises in NY or LA and their high taxes?

straight pay with no raises at $15m per season is 75m and at $16m per season is 80m. but the raise %'s will change that and make the earning power much more. (sorry i suck at math or i would try and figure it out)

after factoring in state tax benefits, raise benefits along with our market size(hey china) maybe morey should take a flyer and rent him in hopes of persuading him into staying.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

IT to Detroit?

17. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Detroit?

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Would fit with what Doc Rocket was saying. Dragic not coming here and something happening with the cold.

Really it wouldn't be the dumbest move by Phoenix. They can offer Dragic way more than any other team if they keep him. And if IT is shipped out, Dragic may be happy.

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

I think it would actually make them more unattractive to free agents in the future.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm not expecting anything ground breaking ( Dragic, Lawson, Knight) but I do hope Morey gets Harden some kind of help. And someone please screw Portland put of Affalo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.