1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hate Crime] White Man Kills 3 Muslims

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GanjaRocket, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

It definitely does not add up. Also, if he had disputes with other neighbors, why did he choose to kill these neighbors in particular?

Everyone knows this guy should face severe consequences. The true matter to debate here is whether or not this should be acknowledged as a hate crime. Some may say it's too soon, but I think it's important to face the realities of this situation.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How could you punish someone more severely than by putting them to death? It was a "willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing committed....with the use of a deadly weapon" that makes it 3 counts of first degree murder under North Carolina law that is punishable by life imprisonment or by the death penalty. The fact that it was 3 counts and they were shot execution style should make it a slam dunk for the needle rather than life.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thank you for asking. Had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out under GA, which was a bit complicated and therefore took a long time. Nothing dramatic. Feeling much better than I thought I would already.

But I guess a lot of people in this sub-forum think I more than deserve the pain ;). Maybe they are right :eek:.

(Sorry for off-topic.)

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That's not a guaranteed death penalty and you know that "hate-crime" greatly increases the chances of that . Anyways, I'm not really for the DP. The guy did something stupid, I at least hope he feels remorseful about his actions and contemplates it over the rest of his life in jail.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It being a "hate crime" changes nothing in a first degree murder case in that state. The "hate crime" tag matters more in assault charges. The only thing the "hate crime" tag does is that it helps advance a narrative that says that Americans are out to get Muslims which helps out recruiting for extremist groups.

The guy should get the death penalty for what he did, I see no reason to label it as anything other than a senseless triple murder.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Obviously, we still don't have near enough information. But, it seems at least as likely to me that mental illness was a factor here as prejudice.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

no, different guy. That was gwaynaco or something along those lines. I'm pretty sure that guy is banned or no longer posts here.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have to consider that many hate crimes are crimes of opportunity and crimes of proximity. Generally people who don't like a particular group of people don't live near those people or have little interaction with that group. For example there probably aren't a lot of homophobes who live in the Bay Area. Also consider that things like racial tensions generally don't occur until one group moves into an area where they hadn't moved before. Thus how you often hear some people claim that people got along better when there was segregation.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

:eek: :eek:

10. downbytheriver

Mods -- please change the thread title.

It's complete malarky. Not surprised to see muslims pushing the sympathy angle instead of analyzing what's wrong with their own religion.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31431832

rip to the individsuals who lost their lives, they don't deserve the liberal media using their deaths to push more page views to the sheeple.

11. downbytheriver

I really wonder if we'll see the day when the liberals on this board are capable of individual thought as opposed to jumping onto flashy headlines for the sake of talking points. Majority of threads demonizing the white man or trying to pull sympathy for the poor black man has backfired.

12. fchowd0311

I'm sure the suspect's wife is a objective source on this matter...

Seriously... do you play a Stephen Colbert shtick on this message board?

13. downbytheriver

Who needs a bigger brain for $200, alex.

Can't debate ... must be shtick or troll. --the liberal manifesto

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What does she have to gain from wrongly describing his motive? It's not like he will come out of jail alive, ever (I hope).

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Who is downbytheriver.

:eek:

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're passing judgement on why you think he should get the death penalty and your speculation of if it will happen, the fact of the matter is that if its true he is more likely to get a harsher sentence. Even then there is no guarantee for his outcome.
    Oh ok, I think I remember now...that guy was nuts. Apologies to Tal.
    lol, I c wut u did ther

No better threads to pollute?

I think most, if not all significant others (or family members) would rather see the person they love to get a life sentence as opposed to the death penalty. The former allows visitation through a glass wall, as opposed to a 6ft grave.

17. fchowd0311

I'm pretty sure the world would hate her husband more if his motivation was based in bigotry rather than a heat of the moment confrontation.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Passing judgement? I'm telling you the law in the state. He murdered 3 people which is punishable by death or life in prison....how is there a harsher penalty than those 2?

19. Major

Major Member

Not saying she's lying, but there is great benefit to this not being religiously motivated. I imagine having the world think your husband went momentarily insane over parking tickets is preferable to having them believe he is a bigot, which would potentially spill over into how people view the wife. This would be even more true if she remains in the area and/or if she has kids.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Is his facebook profile still live?

I searched for it and only found a disgusting "support group" for the murderer.