1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I heard cwebber say you cant win 1 on 1. Its about chemistry and running plays. Who was he directing that to?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It was obvious he was directing it to the suns and he complimented the rockets ball movement.

Did you watch the game?

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah but i was eating and playing on my phone. Thanks for clarifying

4. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

^^^This is the embarrassment^^^.

In spite of all McHale has accomplished in his life, for someone to say he is a waste of human space, makes me ashamed to be on the same forum.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah the suns 3 guard lineup isn't good at passing to each other

6. downbytheriver

*as an NBA coach.

Please. I said it right before the game started = "MCHALE WILL BLOW< HARDEN WILL BAIL HIM OUT"

That's all you need to know. Please, please, grow a pair Morey.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

a) So McHale managing Harden well(ie sitting him early in the 2nd while the Suns made a mini-run to get back from -18 to -8) deserves no credit, and Harden having energy to close out the games is nothing to do with McHale.

:rolleyes:

b) McHale calling plays for Harden is 'stoopid' if Harden misses a shot, but if Harden makes a shot, it is genius Harden in spite of 'stoopid' McHale

:rolleyes:

There are some friggin' morons on this forum, and that's a fact.

8. downbytheriver

I don't know why you are putting words in my mouth.

McHale is an incompetent grade level coach, that's all there is to it.

It's give the ball to Harden and give him space. Minutes can always be questionable but there's no question when facing elite coaches or teams that have a solid game plan, McHale is outfoxed and outsmarted in EACH AND EVERY facet of the game. Without Harden's MVP season, this guy isn't sniffing the playoffs.

9. dmoneybangbang

Lolz that's cute.

10. dmoneybangbang

You're an incompetent grade poster, that's all there is to it. See how simple it is.... Requires no thought.

What's our record against over .500 teams... It may surprise you...

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

McHale should give half his salary to Harden.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Every player that plays or played this game commits silly fouls. This season Dmo hasn't been committing those types of fouls often. That was one of the reasons he didn't play the last two seasons.

So Mchale should deserve a little credit for that.

13. downbytheriver

Durrr.... it doesn't surprise me with Harden on the team.

Just wait for the 1st round when the game slows down, teams have 3 guys to game plan Harden, and coaching is front and center. i eat clowns like you for breakfast.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

This is comment was very low dude. Why stoop to that level of insanity .

1 person likes this.
  15. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

I know that Clutchfans don't represent all Houston Rockets fans but some posters in here are just vile. I just don't get the irrational hate on the coach. What did he do to you?! I'm all about passionate fans but some posters in here are acting like McHale did something awful to them. The sad thing is some of the haters are probably old enough to be my parent.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This thread has basically an accumulation of the worst posters on the forum. Some sort of depository for spoiled whiny moronic teenagers.

They can't articulate anything worthwhile in basketball discussions. Can't analyze anything, can't think critically. It is essentially the Rockets go in a lull, for whatever reason, then they come here and b**** and moan about McHale, because they know absolutely nothing about the game. All they know is that, if it isn't perfect, its time to go throw a temper tantrum about McHale. And no, not a lull in losing multiple games, I am talking about a stretch of mere minutes where the other team just happens to go on a run. You ask them to go into detail about the supposed mistakes and it comes down to absolutely r****ded ideas that make no sense whatsoever.

It truly is embarrassing that these people call themselves Rocket fans.

Grow the **** up.

2 people like this.
  17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I would agree and I would say a "waste of human space" is a bit too far. He is a great person, nice guy but just not a championship caliber coach. Hopefully we can get it in spite of him. Because I don't believe he is going anywhere. I don't believe he is a good coach but we shouldn't be attacking him personally. He has accomplished great things in his life some of which most of us can only dream of doing.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

In summary:

Some posters were vehemently opposed to the appointment of McHale as coach (I admit to scratching my head. Sure, he had some minor improvements with the TWolves, but hey, as a GM he was kinda crap wasn't he?).
    A few years later, rather than eat crow, some of these posters proceed to lambast McHale and make excuses as to why he keeps winning games as coaches.

It's all rather lame.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So you think the only play the Rockets run is to 'give the ball to Harden and give him space'?

When was the last game you watched?
    Did you catch the Phx game? The one where Harden was dominating the 4th. Phx called a timeout, and the play the Rockets ran on their next offence didn't involve Harden at all - seemed to be by (gasp) design. McHale called something different to make Harden more effective.
    This is something that happens a LOT with the Rockets (ie, best in the league at converting after a timeout).

What objective evidence can you provide to back up your lame claims?

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is kind of ridiculous. Were haven't even gotten out of the first round. He couldnt make it to the playoffs with Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic on the same team, lol.