1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Williams Misremembers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Daily show will either avoid the issue or crush him on it.

They crushed Anthony Weiner's dicpic and Weiner and Jon were pretty tight up to that point.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That wasn't his fault. He accidentally ingested flood water and it apparently made him hallucinate.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Brain Williams will be back as soon as he misremembers being out on a leave.

1 person likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This reminds of me of when I showed up at Toyota Center and thought I was on the Houston Rockets roster, but I wasn't. I just misremembered.

5. SPBR

SPBR Member

I had forgotten about that. Stewart and Weiner went to the same high school IIRC and still destroyed him.

Weirdly, this misremembering seems worse than Weiner's scandal. Weiner's was a personal failing, not like he took bribes or sold his constituents out. Williams seems like a nice guy but I don't see how he recovers as a serious journalist.

6. SPBR

SPBR Member

There's a Lin joke in here somewhere.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Considering his current job skills revolve around reading a teleprompter and having nice hair, I am having a hard time caring about this.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Network anchors routinely assert editorial control, often times simply by refusing or pushing to report a particular. Furthermore lots of times they're either devising questions or filtering and then relaying producer copy, all on the fly and in live broadcasts. If more daily news programming were like 60 Minutes, Meet the Press or Koppel-era Nightline, broadcast anchors' impact and/or accountability might seem more readily apparent. Your critique is probably more relevant to daytime cable presenters who are just marking time, and even then some genres like business and panel discussions make an effort to provide insight.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Doesn't get more tossed salad than this.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Daily Show's response:

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:thedailyshow.com:2a971873-1cfc-4e22-9176-7fb04635f662" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/">The Daily Show</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/">Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href="http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow">The Daily Show on Facebook</a>,<a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos">Daily Show Video Archive</a></p></div></div>

Stewart went after Williams, sure, but reserved his ire for the News Media and their hypocrisy on 'being credible'.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Suspended 6 months without pay.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

13. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

NBC News president Deborah Turness informed staffers of the network's decision at a meeting shortly after Williams' fill-in, Lester Holt, finished anchoring Tuesday's "NBC Nightly News."

"The suspension will be without pay and is effective immediately," Turness wrote. "We let Brian know of our decision earlier today. Lester Holt will continue to substitute Anchor the NBC Nightly News."

The announcement follows a morning meeting between Williams and the CEO of NBCUniversal, Steve Burke, at Burke's apartment.

Burke said in a statement on Tuesday night, "By his actions, Brian has jeopardized the trust millions of Americans place in NBC News. His actions are inexcusable and this suspension is severe and appropriate."

Burke added, "Brian's life's work is delivering the news. I know Brian loves his country, NBC News and his colleagues. He deserves a second chance and we are rooting for him. Brian has shared his deep remorse with me and he is committed to winning back everyone's trust."

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That daily show segment was cringeworthy.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: NBC suspends Brian Williams as managing editor and anchor of 'Nightly News' for 6 months.</p>&mdash; The Associated Press (@AP) <a href="https://twitter.com/AP/status/565314072825315328">February 11, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

17. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

And God said, "Let there be light", and there was light.

And then God turned around and exclaimed, "What is Brian Williams doing here?!"

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

So, who to replace him, Anderson Cooper?