1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Williams Misremembers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

First of all, that is hilarious coming from you because you start the most rage-induced threads out of everyone on this forum. :)
    Secondly, misremembering getting shot down out of the sky just does not happen.
    Now, if he misspoke then I can understand that better.

2. rudan

rudan Member

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I only start rage-induced threads in the GARM because ugh, the past few years. :p

I dunno, maybe it's because I like Brian Williams so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He just doesnt seem douchey enough to deliberately make stuff up out of thin air.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The story is a story because it serves a FAUX agenda relating to Ms. Clinton and her 'shot at' story.

Brian for about 20 years haz been nothing but cool.

1 person likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]In the midst of a career spent covering and consuming news, it has become painfully apparent to me that I am presently too much a part of the news, due to my actions.

As Managing Editor of NBC Nightly News, I have decided to take myself off of my daily broadcast for the next several days, and Lester Holt has kindly agreed to sit in for me to allow us to adequately deal with this issue. Upon my return, I will continue my career-long effort to be worthy of the trust of those who place their trust in us.[/rquoter]

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Should take himself off permanently. No excuse for what he lied about

7. downbytheriver

He'll be back in a few weeks. Liberal standards and integrity at it's best.

8. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

The fun part is that now they are questioning his Katrina stories. For example, he talked about watching a dead body float by in the French Quarter...but the problem is that where he was there wasn't water for the body to float in.

The whole thing reminds me of the reporter arc in season five of The Wire.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He also claimed he got dysintery

10. PhiSlammaJamma

They are in the business of exaggeration. I'm good with it. We are all pretty much bull****ters in life, and in work, and that allows us to survive and get on, the problem is that as collective we hold people to standards we ourselves cannot be held accountable, the facade we believe everyone should be presenting. What we all should know is that the truth of every story is somewhere in the middle. The media at this level, inspite of all of the supposed standards, are simply the mechanism and medium that starts the discussion. They are not the truth. It's an entertainment industry. This is what they do. I will not condemn him for it.

1 person likes this.
  11. downbytheriver

Lol. Stupid, stupid, post. News anchors should be held to the same standards as rappers and comedians because we all lie. Got it

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

All that matter is how hot Brian William's daughter is.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm glad you understand humanity now. You will be better off.

14. likestohypeguy

Yeah that's where I am with any news anchors, talking heads etc. pretty much polished clowns, nothing I find out about them could affect the amount of respect I have for any of them.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

I like how he still talks like Brian Williams. You can shed the hoity-toity act now, Brian.

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

#56 Dubious, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah but let's talk more about his hot daughter

18. SPBR

SPBR Member

In this interview with Allison Williams, it seems Brian Williams and Jon Stewart are good friends. It will be interesting to see how the Daily Show covers #BrianWilliamsMisremembers.

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:thedailyshow.com:49426291-0c4d-44d0-a4fd-ee2f27f713a5" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/">The Daily Show</a></b><br />Get More: <a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/">Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href="http://www.comedycentral.com/indecision">Indecision Political Humor</a>,<a href="http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow">The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Brian Williams should be done. There's no two ways around it. You don't embellish stories as a serious journalist. I feel bad, i think he should still be in the business somehow as I think he's talented, but I don't think he should be in his current position. Maybe something like the Today show or Good morning America would be good.

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Was the New Orleans man Brian Williams saw floating in the water outside the Ritz one of the looters Chris Kyle shot from atop the Superdome?