1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A 3 Year Mistake

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by httx713, Jan 23, 2015.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he has summed up an intricate nba level gameplan in just two words - play harder! most coaches need a playbook and a drawing board and hand gestures. mchale only needs two words. thats the efficiency you get with moreyball. from the basketball court to the coaching table, the efficiency is remains the same

oh yeah, we dont need any more fire mchale threads. we need more "petition dwight to distrubute the rest of his contract money to active cbbs members" thread.

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He's earned that contract

29-14 in the WC is still very very good

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

My theory is McHale is a puppet that's easy for Morey to control.

Prior to McHale we had Adelman who actually coached and came up with plans for the team. However it seemed like Adelman and Morey got into a power struggle on how the team should play, and one of them had to go. With Morey's MIT background and advanced analytics, which promised a newer and more efficient way of playing basketball - Adelman was fired and the puppet was brought on.

McHale is a good personality but he is brainless and I don't think he can even manage egos that well. Usually when a coach lacks in the execution department, he should at least be able to manage players' egos well.

1 person likes this.
  4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

You realize the 3 pt shots are by design by Morey? Morey will be gone before McHale, bet on it.

5. Rockets Win

Rockets Win Rookie

the worst coach

Based on what we have on the court this year, 30-14 is not that good. It is far from "good" even in WC. The way we won(by too many 3s and Harden 1v1) and the way we lost (also too many 3s and Harden 1v1) didn't make see a sign of championship. If Harden played well, we probably won. If not so, we probably lost. We get 30-14 mostly because of Harden's MVP-level performance. Our defensive improvement this year has nothing do with Mcfail. We got too many good defensive players and a new good defence coach. In other words, we won the game just because of pure talents. We won't get the champion next 3 years if Mcfail still has his sorry ass on the coach chair.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I mean I'm not standing up for the guy I want him gone but this comment is silly. Your basically saying every team in the West besides GSW isn't good.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

At least we didn't get the wrong mattress and make an 8 year mistake ....

btw is anyone else sick of those commercials ?

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I guess OP didn't get the memo about getting out of the first round not being important.