1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How large can signs be at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theredbackpack, Jan 15, 2015.

1. theredbackpack

What's the size limit for signs during games? I sat in front of some guys at the Mavs game who said they had their sign taken from them at the door and I have an awesome sign that I really don't want to lose because it's too big for tomorrow's OKC game...

1 person likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

00rocketgirl explains in this post. If you don't know who she is, she's a Red Rowdy, so has a lot of signage experience.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7603647&postcount=5

can you post an image of the sign for us?!

3. heypartner

I trust it doesn't say

"I never get sick of the Rockets, and I'm a Gynecologist!"

1 person likes this.
  4. theredbackpack

I can't believe I somehow missed the rules right on the Toyota Center website...I wonder if a basic 36"X24" is too big, even though the height is right...

Not sure if I can divulge what's on it...it might be a joke not too many people get but it's related to Kevin Durant and his infamous curse...

5. heypartner

"Harden is the BASEDGOD!"

6. Possum

Possum Member

Why the hell do people take signs to games? It is inconsiderate to the people behind you. I wish they would just outlaw all signs. If I pay 500 dollars for a ticket I shouldn't have to be looking at the back of a sign all night. Inconsiderate attention whores.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Does it say "Kevin Durant has an infamous curse"?

[​IMG]

8. theredbackpack

Mostly just wanna walk around with it and if the jumbotron does a sweep of the crowd raise it up then. Trust me I hate being behind signs...

My sign is just words that say "Kevin Durant is cursed infamously"

9. heypartner

did you read the rules in 00rocketgirl's post.

"Banners and signs may not be displayed during play due to sight restrictions."

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Great post,

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Sign idea:

"GM, Gyno…same same."

1 person likes this.
  12. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Take one saying
    " where's the crowd noise?"

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Some Clutchfans need a high five. To the face. With a chair. Like this guy who probably doesn't like it when the people in front of his 500 dollar seat stand up and cheer.

14. rudan

rudan Member

If you have to ask, it's too big and probably annoying. People pay good money to watch basketball, not to look at signs.........

15. rudan

rudan Member

Sunny boy... you pay for the seat, not to stand up. Use the seat you pay for OR go get a $10 nacho ;)

16. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

They actually have a sign making station at the Toyota Center. I think they're annoying, but they are clearly encouraged. Maybe I should take this up on the next email survey they send me...

17. Possum

Possum Member

Oh since I don't like paying good money and having my view of the game blocked by a stupid sign I have to be one of those snobby fans that sit and talk on their phones and ignore what is going on on the court huh?

I've been a fan since the seventies. I love the rockets and I'm probably more passionate about them than you will ever be. That doesn't give me the right to be an inconsiderate D bag who blocks the view of other fans who want nothing more than to have an uninstructed view of the team playing that they have spent hard earned money to watch.

I remember being on Richmond the night we won our first championship. I paid 30 dollars each for 4 seats to watch the game in a parking lot of a bar only to have some $ucktards that probably didn't watch 10 regular season games sit in front of us and hold huge ass signs up 95% of the game. Inconsiderate A holes.

I remember being at the oilers KC game in 93 after we were in an 11 game win streak having to sit behind more D bags holding up huge signs every few minutes ruining the game for me and my friends.

Maybe some day you will have to sit behind one of these morons and have your expensive night ruined. But I'm sure you will be fine with it because they are just showing their support for the team right? Whatever! :rolleyes:

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Nobody cares about how you were scarred in the past at the prolific playoff games. If you don't want anyone in front of you get the seats on the floor then you can go off on whoever in the wood forest club if they bother you. Until then man up

19. Possum

Possum Member

What would you know about manning up?

20. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Only places signs should be incorporated is at WWE events, however I dont get mad when people bring signs. Im not that type of person who sits at a game like it's a freaking movie theater. I want to have fun and cheer, and stand and etc.