1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 1/2/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 1, 2015.

1. CrashTheBoards

The Rockets vs. the top 5 teams in each conference:

vs. Hawks- Loss
    vs. Wizards - Loss
    @ Warriors - Loss
    vs. Warriors - Loss
    vs. Blazers - Win
    @ Grizzlies - Loss (26 points - both teams were healthy)
    vs Grizzlies - Win
    @ Grizzlies - Win
    vs Mavericks - Win (harden clutched it)
    vs. Clippers - Loss (lost by 17)

4-9 vs top teams. We beat Portland without Aldridge or Lopez, and the Grizzlies once in OT where they were missing Randolph and forced to guard Josh Smith with Vince Carter.

2. CrashTheBoards

Correction*

We only won 4/10 games vs the top 5 teams in each conference.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TjbkXewxlGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You basically just described every single player in the history of basketball's weakness apart from the greats. And they're great for a reason.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Damn this isn't good. McHale better hurry up and get a handle on his team before the wheels falls off. They are starting to point fingers and link out **** to the media that should be kept in house. We have too many players playing like **** and it's starting from Howard. Dude really needs to compete every game , not every other game. He is one of the leaders and when you take games off or even plays, other players will follow.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The only difference is Tracy had a major surgery so he couldn't get back on that play to save your life. While Howard is healthy and really not giving a f.

7. rockpileindisma

I hope someone is pointing a finger at the basket because some of these brick masters don't seem to know where it is

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Howard is not healthy. Stop saying **** when u dont Know for sure.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We shoot too many threes.

10. CrashTheBoards

It's obvious you did not even read my post. I will make it shorter. Maybe that will help you out.

2 out of 5 of our starters, Howard and Smith, can't make a basket outside of the semi-circle. And when they are that close you can just foul them and make them shoot free throws because both are below 50% from the line (Smith is 46.7%). You can dare either of them to shoot from anywhere outside of the semi-circle and be as physical as you want with them inside because who cares if the refs call a foul. Name one other team that is like that? Just one.

Didn't think so. Yeah. Go home with your talk about only the greats yada yada yada.

Ariza and Beverley are the two guys spacing the floor for Harden and Ariza shot 27% last month and 32.7% the month before.

11. wowimmagical

wowimmagical Member

damn.. glad i fell asleep in the first quarter

12. Carl Herrera

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8le6Qg72AiM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. calcium

calcium Member

I dont blame him.

If someone the size of Asik is running towards me at speed, I too
    would make a token hand gesture effort.

14. Carl Herrera

The thing is, Howard had just played excellent D on an Asik drive earlier that night-- Asik drove in, Howard kept up, and swatted Asik's layup attempt. Howard wasn't afraid of Asik or anything. On that play, though, it just looks like either Howard wasn't paying attention or just didn't have the legs to react fast enough.

15. calcium

calcium Member

That too.

But I actually thought you were referring to Harden standing by and
    not moving.

16. Carl Herrera

Can't blame Harden too much. It's surprising that Howard couldn't keep up with Asik. Not that Asik is John Stockton or anything, but Harden's guy was spotted up for a corner 3.

17. Swedish_Rocket

Is it odd that I still believe in this team? lol....I still think we can get it together somehow :cool:

18. rockpileindisma

I thin

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Still hoping for a turnaround soon, but I just knew we were going to lose. We got very lucky with Harden's shooting against the Hornets, cause we played like **** against them too.

There are serious problems and hopefully now everybody understands something needs to change. For one thing, if Howard is injured as many claim, just sit his ass. If he or another player cannot put in the effort, sit his ass. If a guy starts pointing fingers when he's stinking up the place, sit his ass!!

Also, some finger pointing after a bad play is not always bad, but my guess is Howard is such a pansy that when he gets one comment about his play, he will sulk for the rest of the game and let if affect him. Mental midget!

McHale deserves some blame, if you cannot motivate your players, why are you here? You cannot keep giving the same speech and say the same things after games and think they will just figure it out. Morey and Leslie definitely deserve some blame, because this 'experimental 3s, ls and fts' has run its course: IT IS NOT WORKING!!!

20. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

So you're also a fan of conspiracy theories after all...well... I suspected that your dislike for my theories was just a personal bias and has nothing to do with dislike of conspiracy theories...