1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston we have our QB

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Harden2Dwight, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Muaz

Muaz Member

I want Keenum to be good, but the obvious biggest difference this season was takeaways by the defense, which helped Case a "decent" qb win games. I know it can be attributed to other reasons, but if we had takeaways last season a lot more games could have been won. Injuries, bad draft class, meh o-line, conservative coach, list anything you want really. I'm happy Keenum got us these two wins although unimpressively; we still have to do better.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Blabbering...??? Hmmmm, I didn't realize you like to get your knees dirty for Fitzpatrick... Don't swallow dude.

How many games did Fitzpatrick win this year without Foster....? And how many games did Case win this year with Foster... Foster is the MVP of this team. You guys give too much credit to the quarterbacks. And you're complaining about the Jags game when Case hasn't even been with the team but for a couple of weeks. Geez....!!!!

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Has nothing to do with Fitz and everything to do with you getting your knees dirty for Case.

There is no comparison between the two. Fitz is not a good NFL QB, but he is a **** ton better than Keenum could ever dream of being. Case is absolutely horrid and every advanced stat shows it. Check out his accuracy beyond 10 yards, his rating when one extra rusher is sent, his play when he leaves the pocket, etc...

But, the dude is pretty solid on a wide receiver screen with no pressure from the d line.

4. Remii

Remii Member

My knees are perfectly clean for the simple fact I'm not arguing which of the two scrub quarterbacks are better (like you are) _ I'm saying this team would have done no worst with Case... Foster and the running game are the center piece for the Texans offense and not the quarterback and Fitzpatrick proved that in the giants game.

5. rezdawg

When I initially mentioned Case not having any place on this team, you're the one that decided to interject with...

Which is completely false. Case's vision test and advanced stats all show that. Just bc we won doesn't mean it was bc of Case. Brees was on a losing team, but football is a team game. If we had Mallett or Fitz, the Texans would have beat the Jags by 20+, not by a goal line stand at the end of the game.

Obviously, Foster is the centerpiece of the offense with those QBs, but to think that Case is anywhere near Fitz level is a joke.

So, in conclusion, stop getting panties twisted over Case. He sucks, and it's okay for me to state that fact without you bringing up other QBs.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Considering Case just walked in off the streets (or should I say out the woods) he did look no worst than Fitzpatrick. You're trying to use your advanced stats to circumvent the eye test just like you did with Fitzpatrick's YPA... Lol.

And for you to say that Case sucks as if Fitzpatrick doesn't suck just shows how deep your throat is.

Hopefully next year we won't have to worry about either one.

7. rezdawg

You're acting like Case hadn't thrown a football in a year. The dude was practicing daily just like any other football player. Sure, he learned some basic plays...just like every other QB new to a team. Bravo Case!!!

And Fitz doesn't suck...he's just not good at all. Big difference when you have one guy who is an inch away from being out of the league and another guy that has thrown 120+ TDs in his career. They are in two different leagues.

And laugh at YPA all you want...it's been, and always will be a solid indicator for success (along with other components, obviously). PFF does a good job of measuring the eye test and not worrying at all about stats (they'll give QBs low grades for high stat games and high grades for low stat games)...and they've measured out Fitz similar to how I've graded him out. Similarly, they gave Case a negative grade despite the 98 rating.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'll give Case credit for literally coming out the woods and doing enough to not hurt us in those two games. No amount of practice will ever substitute for actual in game play. You don't got dudes trying to rip your head off when you drop back on the practice squad. And he did look comfortable commanding the offense. Much better towards the end of last year and preseason.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Do you read what you type... Lol... Not being good at all is equivalent to sucking.

10. rezdawg

Also, Fitz ended the season as the 17th ranked QB in DYAR, ahead of guys like Palmer, Noles, Dalton, Kaepernick, Newton, etc...and 22nd in QBR, ahead of Cutler, Stafford, Smith, Dalton, etc... And 9th in QB rating.

Twist it around all you want, but Fitz played like a top 20 QB this season.

People who think he is a back up type QB haven't watched enough QB play to understand.

#110 rezdawg, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  11. rezdawg

Being average is not being good. Speak English much?

12. Remii

Remii Member

Palmer and Foles were injured... The 49ers have internal issues but Kaepernick did make it to the super bowl... Stafford and Dalton's teams are in the playoffs... And if you think Fitzpatrick is just as good as Newton _ you're bats**t crazy.

And it's not just people who think Fitzpatrick is a backup but the NFL and the entire world thinks of him as a backup quarterback but you, and if you would get up off your knees and stand up you would see that. Every NFL expect out there points to the quarterback being the problem for the Texans.

Do you speak English much...??? Because being average and not being good is two totally different things. Fitzpatrick sucks and it's no secret.

13. rezdawg

Kaepernick in the Super Bowl? Lolololol, were not talking about two years ago. Wtf haha.

I never said Fitz has more talent than these guys, but his 2014 season was most definitely better...you bring up Newton, but Newton was terrible this year and he led his team to a losing record despite playing in the worst division in football. At least Fitz had better numbers AND a winning record. You bring up a stupid point that Stafford and Dalton are in the playoffs...well, Brees, Ryan, Rivers, Eli, and Cutler had worse records than Fitz. Basing QB play on team record shows how out of your league you are.

And I think you're confused about being good, being average, and sucking. It's clearly obvious you need to take some English lessons. Just because I say that Fitz isn't good doesn't mean he isn't average. Can you comprehend that?? Probably not.

#113 rezdawg, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'd just stop debating against Remii. There's no use arguing with him or some other posters.

15. rezdawg

I havent learned my lesson. I miss the way this board used to be before these handful of random guys showed up.

16. Remii

Remii Member

You're right. Fitzpatrick is a great quarterback and the reason for the Texans success this year. We wouldn't have won a game if Case started.

You're right. Fitzpatrick is just as good of a quarterback as Cam Newton and hopefully he'll lead us to the super bowl next year.

17. rezdawg

Yes, clearly we've been saying that Fitzpatrick is great and has more talent than Cam Newton.

Like I said, go back and take some English classes...then reread this thread to better understand what has been stated.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Fitz is a "backup" QB only if you think there less than 20 "starters" in the NFL, which is how some people think. Yeah, he's not a guy you're going to build a team around, but he's still probably one of the 32 best in the league.

It reminds me of the saying: Don't argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

19. rezdawg

Agree and agree...I'll take your advice, haha.

20. Remii

Remii Member

You're the one comparing his numbers to Cam and other QB's... Which I guess by your estimation that's better than the good ol eye test... Because everyone knows Fitzpatrick can be counted on when the game is on the line.:rolleyes: No argument from me. Keep rolling with the YPA stat...

Don't think that was called for... I've never insulted you and or disrespected you... But clutchfans is full of bullies and people who feel they are entitled to run the board so I understand... Anyway _ you and rez have fun switching up with each other.