1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry 1/3rd through this season.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JBIIRockets, Dec 27, 2014.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

How do you feel about him now?

I remember watching him kill us in the 2005 playoffs with the Mavericks. Nobody had really knew how effective of a player he was then. It was his first playoff series. And he became known as a productive player on the national stage because of that series.

But Terry didn't just kill the Rockets. He "killed" the Spurs in the 06 semifinals with productive play and timely shots. And he also killed the Lakers and Heat in the 2011 championship run. He did nothing wrong in the 2011 Finals and he pretty much put the dagger in the Heats chances with those timely pull-up jumpers in Game 6 at Miami.

His personally is awesome. I love hearing him talk. He has passion for the game. He revves up the crowd. Seems like a great locker room guy. Chemistry is more than just physical skills and gelling on the court. I'd want to have a beer with him.

He's still good at 37, and on a contending team, and those 2 big threes he made in the corner tonight in the 4th quarter were HUGE. The guy is clutch man, and I'm glad he's doing it for the Rockets. He's going to be doing that in the playoffs if he's healthy. He makes big shots.

Remember when Mario Elie won a title for another texas team, after winning in Houston? Well Jason Terry is going to do that this year, for the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd hate to lose him at the deadline. We are deep enough where we can limit his minutes if he doesn't have "it," but there will be games where he hits HUGE shots, which is so valuable in the playoffs.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Definitely hope Morey doesn't trade him. He will prove to be very valuable in the playoffs. Great locker room personality, leadership, and of course clutch shooting.

4. JBIIRockets

Surely Morey would not trade him at the deadline. Rockets need him.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Only for a star, someone we would consider as the "final piece", although in my opinion we just signed that guy.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i really dont want to lose anyone one this team. if the rockets get dragic i know that is impossible. but i really dont want to lose jason terry, he is really easy to root for.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've always liked Jason Terry even though I hated what he did to the Rockets. If his minutes are kept down, I think he will be valuable the entire season.

Doubtful he's traded.

8. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

Yeah I like Terry a lot to he is that killer assassin that a contender team needs for close games. Him and Harden are straight up Cold Blooded.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's OK, just don't ask him to do too much at age 37. Good shooter, but really can't penetrate much or defend.

10. SemisolidSnake

Keep him, please. In addition to his own excellent contributions so far, he seems like the perfect type of gel for a team of youngsters and middle-career guys with a ton of potential.

Also...

Veteran player who's one of the best three point shooters of all time. Let's ask the 2012-2013 Spurs what they think of guys like that.

11. JBIIRockets

Terry is more of an every-team killer. How about giving him credit for being a good player his whole career.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I would like to see his MPG go down a bit throughout the course of the season, with Canaan (not Shved, Canaan) taking some of his minutes at the backup PG spot.

I think Terry should get like 10-15 mpg, and of course if he's hot then leave him in there in the 4th.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I trust him when he shoots at the end of the games. He's clutch.

14. JBIIRockets

He won't have to with Brewer on the roster, making jumpers like he did tonight.

People were saying Brewer couldn't shoot. He was draining shots all night tonight.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Must keep Sir Clutchness, Mr. JET

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i love how he's always on the bench waving his towel and working the crowd. he even does this in the first quarter.

he just has so much passion and heart. we need him on this team.

17. platypus

platypus Member

The guy just gets buckets when they matter. He has the god given ability to hit shots that break runs or scoring droughts.

The dude will be lethal in the playoffs, absolutely lethal.

18. Dankush

Dankush Member

This team definitely can't afford to give away spot up shooters right now.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He is a proven playoff performer and has never failed to shoot above 40% from 3 in the playoffs in his last 4 season. In fact, Terry is a career 40% 3 point shooter in the playoffs.

He will be key in the playoffs.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-fourth-annual-luke-walton-all-stars/