1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Root Sports Question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Rock MVP, Dec 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Thanks bro, you're helping to subsidize my new surround sound system!

2. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Hey What channel is Root Sports Southwest on Direct TV?

3. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Are you sure it's on any package? I have the "entertainment" package and the channel is blacked out for me. The agent I spoke with said that I have to upgrade to at least the "choice" package in order to view it.

4. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

Does anyone in Austin have Root Sports Southwest via DirecTV or uVerse? Do they air the Rockets games, or black them out?

5. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

674 is the Channel number for RSSW on DirecTV.

You'll love DirecTV, I've had it every year since 2006 except 2009, and I love it. If you're getting a Genie, make sure to get a HR-44, they are great, and much faster than the previous HR-34's.

What equipment are you getting, like how many TVs hooked up?

Also never have a big issue with loss of signal. It may go out for a few minutes, but comes back on.

Good luck. Also never had Comcast, as I don't have them available in my area.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

Just checking if anyone knows. Thanks in advance.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Suddenlink in East Texas, any hope?

8. GMNot

GMNot Member

DirecTV typically adds in a regional sports channel like Rootsports to their upper level subscriptions. When I lived in the Austin area that meant getting the channel that covered the Spurs. Gr-r-r-r! I had to have NBA League Pass to watch the Rockets in the Austin area. That was many years ago, when the Rockets were covered by Fox Sports Houston. It may be different now.

Currently, I live the B-CS area and the regional channel thrown in with the upper tier packages is Rootsports SW, the new/old channel covering the Rockets and Astros. Prior to the Comcast debacle, Fox Sports Houston was the throw-in in this area. I didn't need LP. Currently, that seems to be how Rootsports is being distributed. If it is considered a "regional" channel in your package, you should get all the games, unless they have a mystery blackout, like they did a week or so ago.

9. MONON

MONON Member

I'm 100 miles sw of Austin (Kerrville) with Root Sports via DirecTV. I get the games, but the pre & post game shows are blacked out.